• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation Date - what's yours?

25 February. Derby are putting some ops out to the Nuffield and I'm one of them!

Change of date for me - now the 22nd!

Given how quickly everything has gone up to this point, the time is dragging now. I just want the next 3.5 weeks to go quickly, so I can start recovering. (Plus I am really looking forward to two weeks holiday off work.how bad is that!)

Given how quickly everything has gone up to this point, the time is dragging now. I just want the next 3.5 weeks to go quickly, so I can start recovering. (Plus I am really looking forward to two weeks holiday off work.how bad is that!)

SNAP!!!
What does it say about our jobs that we'd rather undergo major surgery and be struck down with chronic wind pain and stitches....
;0)

SNAP!!!
What does it say about our jobs that we'd rather undergo major surgery and be struck down with chronic wind pain and stitches....
;0)

:8855:

Great news Hengest not long to wait now xx

im on Wednesday 20th!! RNY - EEEKKKK!!
St Anthonys private hospital

x
Scared now.. :-S

Lincs lass- how are you doing following your surgery? What was it you had again?

Hi.

I had a bypass last Friday. The anaesthetist told me the op was an estimated 4 hours but it actually took 1 hr & 48 mins (HAD to read my notes!) so I would REALLY recommend following the preop diet to the letter as my liver was shrunken right back.

I was out late Sat afternoon and have been staying with friends since - going home today. I've been VERY lucky with no pain bar tightening around wounds and some trapped wind. I've had walks and been to another friends yesterday afternoon.

If I've felt tired I've rested and I've let people look after me - which for an independent person is hard but the friends we're staying with can be fierce!!

I've a long ago arranged evening out with friends next Tuesday at a local Chinese buffet so will stick to a clear soup - expensive for a soup but looking forward to the company - but just shows even this early on its possible to get back to 'normal'.

But as with the preop diet, I recommend following the bariatric departments advice to the letter as it really does pay dividends.

Good luck to anyone with their op coming up xx

Sounds a bit like my op I had very little pain and was told 4 hours but only took 2 as for the chinese meal ask if you can just buy clear soup they will let you tell them you had an op
Take care

Thanks both, good to hear how well things are going.

They have said my bypass should take two hours, and have started my pre-op diet two days early just to give me the best possible chance.

Helen

Back