• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

opinions please

julia in bath

hello everyone,

I would like some opinions. I am a huge supporter of a particular charity and organise fund raising events for them several times a year. As I am about to embark on this journey to change my life forever and aim to loose 7 and half stone I thought this was a great opportunity to raise more money as a sponsored weight loss. Now we all know how hard you need to work to get the best out of a band, however I think the general perception of others is that it's the easy way out.
Therefore my question(s) is this: Is it acceptable to use a gastric band and ask for sponsorship for a good cause? Futhermore if I choose to use my weightloss as a fundraiser do I have to tell all those that sponsor me that I have a band fitted?
Thanks for your comments.

I think you would have to tell them that you had a GB fitted, but it still requires your mmotivation and willpower to succeed, I dont think people wouldn't sponsor you, but think you should be honest about gb.HTH x

I think honesty is the best policy and that if people are fully aware then they can make an informed decision about supporting your charity and you won't have the worry or guilt that people may feel you have deceived them.

good luck!!!

yeah I think your right Yasmine. If I tell people the whole story I won't have to worry about it will I. lol
Thanks for your replies.

thanks Topsy, and all for oyur opinions

I think they are all right Julia if you are honest to start with no one can throw it up at a later date.
I dont see why as cazbandy says that if you talk to the charity concerned they may be more than happy to let you raise more money for them
Well done Julia brilliant thing you are doing

Jay xx

Back