• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Overwhelming emotions.

Mike Calvert

Hi, Everyone.
Just had my RNY on Monday. Got home yesterday (Wednesday). I've just watched two episodes of Dr Who and The Magnificent Severn (The new one), and I've just been in floods of tears throughout. Is this normal, or just me? Has anyone else had strong emotions post-op? I mean, come on, it's just Dr Who and a cowboy film. But I now feel so emotionally drained.
If it wasn't on the NHS, I'd be asking for my money back right now. No one told me I would turn into an emotional wreck.

Any advice, please?

Thanks
Mike

Bless you, all perfectly normal. Post op blues are very real but they do pass so hang on in there x

It is perfectly "normal", Mike - don't worry! It's a fairly common side effect of surgery to become emotional. Some attribute it to the effects of general anaesthesia, others point to hormonal and other biological changes in the body after experiencing what it more or less regards as an assault. It will go away eventually once your body has recuperated. I don't think we're allowed to put URL links here, but if you search on google you will find many similar stories to yours.

Thank you, Everyone. I'll take it as normal. I appreciate the reassurances and will proceed to watch TV through blurry vision without concern. I had searched Google for post-bypass emotion changes, but they all seemed to focus on long-term emotional changes to a person, rather than the immediate.

Thanks again
Mike

<<Allons-y>>

It's normal mate, I'm 5 weeks post op & have had the same. I was reading a newspaper article & was in floods of tears. Luckily I was at home. It's prob due to the medications & the shock to your body.

Back