• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Owwie pain 4 days post op

msunique

Hi I am in pain today, not sure what's causing it but its a sharp pain on my right side and it hurts when I breathe in too deep and when I breathe out all the way too,.And when I move
I have called the hospital and I am waiting for my surgeon to call back.
Has anyone had or heard of this before?

It's very early days and I had all sorts of pains and aches for days too... no harm in talking to your team and try to rest, recover, relax and keep sipping Angel... a few days makes a huge difference.

Here if I can help.

Love and hugs xxx

Thanks, Mr Whitelaw called me and said the good news is they havent operated on the right side, so it could either be collection of blood at the bottom of the lung or muscular, he said to try and move around and if need be take the liquid morphine they gave me when I left the hospital (i havent needed it until now) also he has a clinic this afternoon and said I can go along and see him if i need to.

At least I know its not serious and I wont be masking a serious prob with painkillers now so even though its still hurts I know i can overcome it.

Well done Debbie, glad you made the call and let us know how you are later precious xxx

Thanks Bev I will let you know, I dont dare move it hurts too much :cry: its like a nasty stich, but hopefully it will go soon

Have you tried massaging the area? Put a warm but not hot hot water bottle on it? Awww I'm sorry you are hurting.
Have you weighed yourself? lol yes I know its too early lol.
Lynne x

Awww Bless, I seemed to have one stitch that was pronounced from all the rest too. It's painful at certain points of movement... it's really got so much easier as the weeks unfold... rest and relax precious... it's so early for you and your body is also in shock. Take good care, love and hugs xxx

Thanks, all I have taken the oral morphine but it still hurts like hell :cry:

Well I don't like the effects or taste of morphine so the doc has given me tramadole but again this makes me feel really funny and still doesn't take the pain away, I an really baffled by people who take thus for the buzz it's horrible!!

Aww thats cute thanks :D

Back