• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-op pain

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
Most of my pain was down my left side and initially across my chest too. But the last couple of days I've had pain in my lower right side. It's not too bad but it's constant and hurts when I cough. Is this normal? It's not on the side where I had the surgery and I don't think it's wind. I wondered if it was just from me stiffening up when I walk about?

Hi Yorkiegirl, from my own experience postoperatively any kind of pain should be investigated just to put your mind at rest. It could be wind like you said, but make sure you are not doing too much at home. Sometimes my head is willing but my body can't keep up yet! Lol. On the safe side get yourself checked! Hope u feel better soon hunny.

Possibly wind possibly muscular as you are holding yourself even subconciously in a position that is triggering the pain, but as NewBeginnings says worth getting checked out if only to ease your mind. Take care and try not to over do it.
Penny

Hi hun
Sorry I can't answer, 2 weeks til my op. Just wanted to say Hi and see how you're getting on xxx

I personally can't give you my post-op experience but would recommend that you do get this checked out if you are worried. Best to be safe if only to put your mind at rest

BigDave

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had a pretty bad night and was up from 2am with bad back pain. However I popped into Boots today and got some paracetomal with codeine and also some Windeze and they seem to have fixed it for me.
It was going to take 9 days to see my gp.

Back