• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in the butt been to docs

chrisa

We were talking on a thread last week about lower back pain and one lady had it checked out over Easter. My app was 7.30 this mornin before work, well he examined me which is afirst checked my disc etc. which i knew wasn't the problem, and suggested i use ibuprofen rub he never said anything else asked him bout my med and was noncommital i have to ask at hospital in May. What a waste of my time, ibuprofen gel i can try or paracetamol, if the likes of codeine dont help how could paracetamol touch it. unbelievable. xx:cry:

Is it your back or your Coccyx Chrisa? My tail bone is flamin' agony. I thought we couldn't use ibuprofen gel or is it just that we can't have it orally I wonder? Sorry you didn't get more help

You cant use Ibuprofen rub as they reckon it still affects our innards.You will be best with codein and paracetamol together or anti depression tablets there are some that can give pain relief.Best of luck.Maz x

My coccyx, apparently we can use ibuprofen gel but best to keep away from ibuprofen tablets he said, think i will ask in May when i go for check up. Doesn't usually examine you but still no help, yes mine is very painful too was dreading going to work can get up and walk around but have to keep sitting when working with kids. But tis painful even when sitting on soft things says could get rubber ring and sit on that for comfort. xx

Could be nerve damage, Chrisa .. we have a huge amount of nerve endings at the base of our spine, which are presumably nearer the surface now. Don't use the Ibuprofen until you have been to see the surgeon in May as I too was told not to use it post op. Do as Maz suggested & take codein and paracetamol together for maximum relief. Good luck, honey xxx :wave_cry:

We were talking on a thread last week about lower back pain and one lady had it checked out over Easter. My app was 7.30 this mornin before work, well he examined me which is afirst checked my disc etc. which i knew wasn't the problem, and suggested i use ibuprofen rub he never said anything else asked him bout my med and was noncommital i have to ask at hospital in May. What a waste of my time, ibuprofen gel i can try or paracetamol, if the likes of codeine dont help how could paracetamol touch it. unbelievable. xx:cry:
I know this may sound silly but do you have a 99p shop near you as there is a cream it is in a pump it's called something like freeze gel or cooling gel it doesn't have any drugs in it but my mum suffers with severe arthiritis and she uses this all the time and gives her a lot of relief. Hope you can get some also there is a site on the internet that you can get it.

It'l av to be just paracetamol cause codeine leave me off this planet and need my wits about me at school, its fine when i'm walking or bending just sitting that hurts, very painful when i go to get up. xx guna get a rubber ring i think xx

How strange... Went to see a Dr at my surgery on Saturday.

Guess what I got told.

It's my operation has aggravated it! Total BS imho.

So I now have some Ibuprofen Gel, tried it yesterday made no difference at all.

We av got a pound shop will get my daughter to look for it tomorrow thank you i appreciate it. xx

I know this may sound silly but do you have a 99p shop near you as there is a cream it is in a pump it's called something like freeze gel or cooling gel it doesn't have any drugs in it but my mum suffers with severe arthiritis and she uses this all the time and gives her a lot of relief. Hope you can get some also there is a site on the internet that you can get it.

How strange... Went to see a Dr at my surgery on Saturday.

Guess what I got told.

It's my operation has aggravated it! Total BS imho.

So I now have some Ibuprofen Gel, tried it yesterday made no difference at all.

guna get arubber ring xx ta for that xx:sigh:

You need to go back and push for some investigation.
I think it was me who you referred to as getting checked out over Easter. Anti-inflammatory gel has done nothing for me, nor co-codamol.
I've been back to my GP today, and am now waiting on an x-ray and MRI, as they think I may have herniated discs. They've prescribed me a drug called Robaxin which is a muscle relaxant and slight sedative, and should now ease my pain.
I've also been referred for physiotherapy to help until the investigations are complete.
Don't allow anyone to fob you off here, my dad got ignored with back pain a few years back, and is now classed as disabled, had to give up work, and has days where he can barely move. I'm not going to allow the same to happen to me.
Good luck xXx

:ashamed0005:Update:-

Just sent a text to my Surgeon :ashamed0005:

He has advised not to use along side Diclofenac (Voltarol).

So as I have stopped that I can continue to use it for now...

thanx will bare that in mind, if it doesnt improve. Some place make it worse i only feel it when sitting lying is no problem and it doesn't affect my legs or anyhting i pulled a glute muscle a few years back and think it started from there. He asked if i had been exercising or heavy liftin, lots of exercise but no lifting as such. That may be the problem have done alot of exercise on my behind and thighs they are my worst areas so think its that recurring. xx

I was referred to a back doc and he sent me for physio.Heat is good,i use a wheat bag.Cocodomol in 8mg codien should be ok during the day and top up with 30mg for night time only.tbh i think the meds are not absorbed the same as before and always take them ontop of protien to make it stay in my stomach longer to do more good!

Hi

This post is interesting as I have also noticed that my coccyx is now quite painful as well, I put it down to arthritis and now I have lost quite a few stone post op I can now feel it, I wonder if it's just frozen with the arthritis. Mind you about twenty years ago I suffered from coccydinia and this pain is not a patch on that, although saying that I am now on morphine patches so that my be taking the edge of the pain.

It's interesting though to see quite a few of us post opers suffering from this.

Paul

Hi

This post is interesting as I have also noticed that my coccyx is now quite painful as well, I put it down to arthritis and now I have lost quite a few stone post op I can now feel it, I wonder if it's just frozen with the arthritis. Mind you about twenty years ago I suffered from coccydinia and this pain is not a patch on that, although saying that I am now on morphine patches so that my be taking the edge of the pain.

It's interesting though to see quite a few of us post opers suffering from this.

Paul
It is strange isn't it, will have to see how i get on. xx

I googled wls and cocyx pain last week and found that it is a side effect of gastric bypass and no one knows why! Great ! the pain is severe but but like you Chrisa, fine when I'm on the move. Sitting , driving etc is a nightmare at the minute. Tried a cushion and a rubber ring, and sitting on one cheek ( !) - not a lot of help really. Am off to the docs on Monday as I can't stand it with the pain in my ribs ( spleen according to the surgeon) as I 'm not sleeping.
Still- it's way better than being fat. Hope you all feel better soon xxx

I'm sorry you are suffering too,there are a few others on this site who have it as well so will be interesting to see what happens. xx

Strangly The seat in my car is about the only place I can sit comfortably for any time.

I guess it's the bolsters on the sports seats, means my backside is raised from the main cushion?

Mine is extremely painfull today, finding I cant sit comfortably anywhere :(

Back