• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain

poshlady

Hi,

I am new to this site but i had my gastric band fitted on 24th May 2012 so am now 2 weeks post opp. I am wondering if anyone can advise me, I am still experiencing quite a lot of pain in my upper left side of tummy - is this normal for 2 weeks post opp?
The doctor said it is where i am still healing but just wondering if anyone else had this.
I am on pureed foods and everything is staying down :)

Hi sorry I can't help as I'm a sleever but I'm sure someone who has had a band will come along soon :) just wanted to say welcome x

Hi

I had my band fitted on 27 May. My left side is still tender to the touch and I can definitely feel it pull a bit if I do to much.
I can't say it's painful but I'm far from being able to forget about it!!

Is it maybe a little wind pain? Hope you feel better soon x

Hi,
Thankyou for the replies I will try not to worry about it to much!!!

It is perfectly normal. I was still in pain for about 8 weeks. Everyone heals differently, it just takes more time for some people. Don't do anything strenuous and just take it easy until the pain wears off! Hope you feel better soon x

Hello this is quite normal so try not too fret , and the side will hurt more as this is more then likely where the port is situated - Welcome to the losers bench - Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

Back