• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port Pain?

sophie_mk

Hi,
Can someone please explain what port pain feels like. I had my band fitted on Sunday so I'm 4 days post op. On the whole feeling much better than I was just tired and this pain I get when I move, it's only brief like a few secs and I am really worried about it. Its on my left side and I wonder if it is port pain, and if it is should I be worried?
Many thanks,
Sophie xxx

Is the pain around your port area? Normally near to where your largest scar is?

My port area was more sore and tender than a pain although when I started going to the gym around week 5, I had pain from using a machine which is similar to doing sit ups (nobody told me I shouldn't be doing them lol) and then it was a sharp pain which was pretty bad if I moved.

If you're in doubt, call your provider.

Hiya, I did ring and spoke to a nurse, she reassured me it was all very normal, particularly as the pain subsides once I have moved position and there is no obvious protruding swelling from the area. The silent hiccups are from my diaphragm being disturbed and will also go once it has calmed down. Feeling calm and reassured now. :)

Hello there - I found when I had my band done the port pain/area was the last to go - this is perfectly normal so try not to worry - if you have any real concerns contact your provider to get it checked out. Take your healing time and try not to over due things as your still healing inside. Wishing you all the best , Bluediamonds xx

i also had pains in my port area (the biggest scar) for a good few weeks,i still find now 7 months later thaat if i lie on that side all night etc i get a dull pain there,its all normal xx

Ye same here.

I had op end of August last year and sometimes get a bit of pain still.

Especially if I sleep on front or that side x x

At the beginning was painful for a good 2 month I would say x

Thank you all so much. Guess I better man up and learn to deal with it. Been taking Tramadol to ease the pain off, but decided from tomorrow no more as it's knocking me out and making me a cranky b****! Just paracetamol for me! xxx

Hey Sophie, I'm still in pain where the port is, all other incisions have healed really well but the biggest is weeping a little and still very sore. I've stopped taking the painkillers too. Going back to work Monday and I'm dreading it as I work with little ones so lots of moving about! :0/

Back