• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nerves...

tianna70

well my surgery is 4 weeks away, just wondering if I should start the pre op diet now rather than 2 weeks before. my friend done it for 8 weeks cause she said it would help the healing process, maybe I have fluffed??? I know its bad but im making sure I have all my favourite things b4 the band is fitted... still not done any preping of food, cant get motivated...grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Your friend is talking twaddle... Pre op diet has nothing to do with helping with healing. It is to shrink your liver to make your surgery more safer, less danger of it being nicked during surgery if it shrinks.

The general pre op diet is two weeks, mine was one week as i was called in early....

You do as your surgeon/provider says, not your mate round the corner/at the bus stop etc...

Good luck and welcome to the site, look forward to hearing how it goes xx

yeah totally agree with julie do as your surgeon says then u cant go wrong best of luck it will be the best thing you ever do please keep me up dated
brad x

Julie is right !
Please try not to pay attention to anyone but your surgeon and team regarding the band and your health / surgery etc.
Friends might mean well but WLS is notoriosly inaccuratey & badly reported and represented in the media.
People generally only have false info to pass on because of this and they are usually negative and needlessly worrying snippets of nonsense!

Yup the guys are right with what they are advising, plus the preop diet is a one time only thing its difficult and so therefore in my opinion the longer you are on it the more chance you have of fluffing it and risking your op xxx

Neen is right too, i am right :)

Seriously my mom is an expert on weight loss surgery because she reads 'Take a Break', Bella and That's Life every week. Also if your car is making a funny noise she can tell you what's wrong with it without even seeing your car :)

Please keep us posted now seriously. And ask all the daft questions you like, some of us have been there and got the t-shirt, some of us have read so much on these boards we probably know the right answer... You go for it xx

thanks all for you comments. well it was all fine, had the op 4 days ago now, and althought i feel beaten up i hope all was well.

Gald it all went well, take care of yourself.xx

Back