• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Painkillers

ive been told that i cant take ibruprofen, aspirin, or any NSAIDS whatsoever, i was on arthrotec pre surgery, but cant take them any more, and am suffering for it now, but my doctor cant think of anything she can do, other than give me extra support at night in the form of nortryptolene (sp). which does help me sleep better, but doesnt help during the day.

I have been doing some reading on this on various sites (here and USA) and it seems to depend on your surgeon. You definately can't take nurofen (ibuprofen) without eating something as they could cause ulcers and this effect can be worsened by surgery (if you're allowed to take them) Sure some of the sleevers will come along with more specifics.

hmmmmm, it's not something I've researched and can't remember but I've had no problems taking Ibuprofen but then again, I am a very well person and hardly had anything wrong since.

I have a sleeve as part of my DS.

I was taking Arthrotec pre-op - and my surgeon told me that i was only to take the 3 x day preparation post-op - only if absolutely necessary and not to take 3 a day if I could possibly avoid it. I'm also to take a proton pump inhibitor - omeprazole in my case - whether or not I had the diclofenac.

Its because the MR formula sits in one place in the stomach and "drips" the drug out - causing the potential for bleeding and ulcers and it tends to migrate to the staple line of the sleeve and can erode it.

I have it when walking far or absolutely desperate!!

xx

Back