• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

paracetamol & T.O.T.M questions

Jamast

Just had two paracetamol (major period cramps), for the first time since the op, and within minutes of taking them, threw up. I don't feel I'll or anything. Has anyone else had a reaction to taking paracetamol?

Also, has anyone else had really heavy periods since having the op?

Could it be they just got stuck. WEre the shaped ones I prefer them if I need them or the capsule ones are good xx

Could it be they just got stuck. WEre the shaped ones I prefer them if I need them or the capsule ones are good xx

Hi Chrissie, yes they were shaped. I don't think they got stuck. I took them and everything seemed fine. Very odd.

Did you take them on an empty stomach? I cant take any painkillers or vits on an empty tummy or i feel immediately sick or I am.

I rarely take pain killers (pre and post op) but I get O/H to crack them in half for me

Did you take them on an empty stomach? I cant take any painkillers or vits on an empty tummy or i feel immediately sick or I am.

That could be it. I hadn't had anything for almost two hours. Will try taking them with food next time. Good tip. X

Did you take a gulp of water with each tablet? I take paracetamol as pain relief for osteoarthritis every day because I am unable to tolerate anything else. I'm usually ok but if I forget myself and take a large gulp of water I feel sick. Fortunately for me it passes. Wishing you all the best.

I've had to switch to liquid paracetamol like calpol, although it's for children there are adult doses on box, also have liquid nurofen for my TOM which has gone strange since op, not heavy bleeding, more heavy texture... (Too much info)

My periods have been horrendous since the op and I have had a mirena coil fitted last month which has made the bleeding less heavy but not as of yet stopped it, hopefully over the coming months it will stop. I have been bleeding now for 3 months. I take paracetamol and have had no issues with them, I have also when it's been very bad taken co-codamol but they make me sleepy now that I've lost weight xx

Did you take a gulp of water with each tablet? I take paracetamol as pain relief for osteoarthritis every day because I am unable to tolerate anything else. I'm usually ok but if I forget myself and take a large gulp of water I feel sick. Fortunately for me it passes. Wishing you all the best.

I've had to switch to liquid paracetamol like calpol, although it's for children there are adult doses on box, also have liquid nurofen for my TOM which has gone strange since op, not heavy bleeding, more heavy texture... (Too much info)

My periods have been horrendous since the op and I have had a mirena coil fitted last month which has made the bleeding less heavy but not as of yet stopped it, hopefully over the coming months it will stop. I have been bleeding now for 3 months. I take paracetamol and have had no issues with them, I have also when it's been very bad taken co-codamol but they make me sleepy now that I've lost weight xx

Caz - it sounds silly but I can't remember if I had a gulp of water or not (been a busy day lol). But I will certainly take note and not do it next time. Thank you.

Stacey - I know exactly what you mean by texture, I have that as well as lots of it. My period was actually due the day of the op, but didn't arrive until around a week later. That was a bad one, but I just put it down to my body's reaction to the op. It's my six week post-op tomorrow. I may ask the team if it's normal.

Lauralee - I may try co-codamol when I can get to the shops. Although all I seem to do lately is drop off to sleep, I certainly don't need help in that dept lol.

You musn't take nurofen post op! No nsaids at all ladies as it can do serious damage to your pouches!

My periods still haven't settled by the way Jayne. Getting there, but not yet. You've got hormones stored in the fat, so as you're losing they're being released.

My periods still haven't settled by the way Jayne. Getting there, but not yet. You've got hormones stored in the fat, so as you're losing they're being released.

That probably explains my behaviour lol. One day I am happy and relaxed, the next I'm nasty and horrible, or raring to go but the next day feel really idle and can't be bothered.

Thanks ladies. I love tea tree. I've never used soap on my face. I have weird skin, but I've always had good skin on my face. Although, that's not true lately. It's probably not as bad as I think it is, but I think we always see our own flaws even if others don't.

Thank you x

Back