• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gallbladder removal/indigestion

sukay

Trying to focus on future
Hello again everyone

first some good news - have managed to lose over one stone since my gallbladder removal on 4th Oct. :) Just by taking advantage of my bad reaction to aneasthetic lol! ie not wanting food :) and concentrating on protein first etc

Anyway
One thing that has developed since is bad indigestion..... and I have read on the net that its quite common.

So my question is, for those of you who've had gallbladder removed/had indigestion problems/and also had bypass - how are you coping with this? I'm getting a bit worried about eating anything :/

Sorry to hear you're still sufferring. I've just has a serious gall bladder infection and it will be removed when I'm well enough. I can't eat much either and am worried as I want to stop losing weight now! I feel pretty poorly and will be glad when it's gone and was kind of hoping that once gone the problem would be sorted !
did you have open or keyhole surgery?
Hope you feel much better soon
xx

Sorry to hear you're still sufferring. I've just has a serious gall bladder infection and it will be removed when I'm well enough. I can't eat much either and am worried as I want to stop losing weight now! I feel pretty poorly and will be glad when it's gone and was kind of hoping that once gone the problem would be sorted !
did you have open or keyhole surgery?
Hope you feel much better soon
xx

Hi - had keyhole and the op itself was fine :)

the year from my first attack to the op was rotten lol. I was glad to see the back of it cos symptoms were lethargy, nausea, pain etc and it affected everything.

which is why I was so upset to feel this awful indigestion, cos it seemed I'd swapped one thing for another. Have been advised by a friend to restart the lansoprazole and have sent a message to my doctor. It seems to have settled a bit just after the first one - such a relief.

Hope your surgery comes round quickly :)

Back