• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Patient Support Group at the Alex, Cheadle

everpositive

Hi everyone,

Just noticed another post about support groups and peer counselling. I am attending one this Saturday at 1pm at the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Stockport. I had my procedure through 'Healthier Weight' so dont know if its only supposed to be for their patients, or if its run by the Alex Hospital in which case it should be for anyone who has had their band or bypass done there?!?!? I do have a contact for the bariatric nurse who runs it, if people wanted to contact him and check it out? Its Stuart Ingram on 0161 495 6873

Hi everyone,

Just noticed another post about support groups and peer counselling. I am attending one this Saturday at 1pm at the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Stockport. I had my procedure through 'Healthier Weight' so dont know if its only supposed to be for their patients, or if its run by the Alex Hospital in which case it should be for anyone who has had their band or bypass done there?!?!? I do have a contact for the bariatric nurse who runs it, if people wanted to contact him and check it out? Its Stuart Ingram on 0161 495 6873

would be interested to see how it goes. Had my op with surgicare and haven't heard about these groups so guess it's just for healthier weight peeps?

would be interested to see how it goes. Had my op with surgicare and haven't heard about these groups so guess it's just for healthier weight peeps?

Hiya Grom,
Might be worth checking out?? Does that nurses name Ive given sound familiar, has it be given to you in any of your post op care/follow up? I sort of got the impression he is affiliated to a couple of weight loss surgery companies and his base in in the Alex.

Hiya Grom,
Might be worth checking out?? Does that nurses name Ive given sound familiar, has it be given to you in any of your post op care/follow up? I sort of got the impression he is affiliated to a couple of weight loss surgery companies and his base in in the Alex.

no it's never been mentioned altho I do kinda remember seeing something in some other literature I had from other companies

no it's never been mentioned altho I do kinda remember seeing something in some other literature I had from other companies
Grom - I have pasted notes I posted on a different thread. This meeting is at the Alex this next Wednesday. My Wife and I are attending if you fancy attending could offer a lift as would be passing through your neck of the woods?

Originally Posted by lottietat http://www.minimins.com/surgical-we...t-support-group-21st-january.html#post1171381
I went with a company called Healthier Weight who have a monthly meet at the Alex, but it is on a Saturday, and I think this months is 24th Jan. Who did you have the surgery through? I wonder if I can turn up to your group too!!!

Lottietat - I had my surgery via NHS @ the Alex. This will be the first support meeting that I have been to and the leaflet that I have clearly states it is for Patients, Family, Friends and anyone interested in WLS.
I see no reason you shouldn't attend. The meeting is to be held in the main restaurant 19:30 - 21:30. Hope to see you there!!

Thanks Cleggy! And thanks for offer of lift. Not sure if I can make it this time but might give them a ring for further info.
ps fantastic weight loss!! How have you managed to lose sooooooooooo much!!

Back