• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie- about to have band removed followed by bypass - am I the only one?!

Lol, I hear that; I used to get asked at work all the time- why are your eyes watering, why dont you wat anything- even had a 121 with my Manager after she'd received reports I might be bulemic as constantly vomiting in the toilet... Nightmare!

I forgot to mention; when I went for my pre-op assessment I asked the Doc if there were any notes about my barium meal before I got the band out. I'd asked before but been told everything was normal. Anyway, she looked it up and said 'oh yea, that's not good. You had a 7 minute delay between chewing the food and it settling in your pouch and a further 20 minute delay before it then goes into your stomach; that's why you were being sic- your body wasnt recognising that you were eating and all of the sickness probably meant the band slipped'... I was so relieved to know it wasnt just my fault!

Hi DB, im new on here too and like you a bit aprehensive about posting but im pleased i did. I've been on a similar journey to you. I had my band in 2 years ago and it's failed or I failed it. I had it removed 2 days ago and my bypass date is for the 13th August. I'm so lucky I don't have to wait very long but I'm terrified it won't work. I keep reading all of the success stories on here and hope that will be me posting the same soon. Good luck for your bypass and I'll keep you updated with mine xxx

Thanks dani I hope so xxx

Hi everybody im having band to bypass on the 27th august ive had my band deflated for 6 weeks but am actualy having it out and the bypass done at the same time.

Just wanted to ask you ladies that has had it done my surgeon said that the bypass would normally be stapled right where the band sit but due to scar tissue etc he would have to do it slightly lower down leaving a slightly bigger pouch, although he was a bit vague about how "slightly" just wondering if you were told this? He also said that if it wasnt possible to do he would do a duodenal switch instead?
Just wondered what you were told?

Wow that's some journey you've been on. Stay strong.
Many blessings x

Back