• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Phone Consultation

Andrea73

OMG I've just been approved for my loan and getting WLS now seems very real to me. I am now thinking am I doing the right thing, why can't I just diet etc etc.

Anyway I've phoned Surgicare and explained all to Sam who has been brilliant. I am trying to make an appointment to see Mr Ammori but he only does wednesdays and as he is in Manchester and I am in Edinburgh it is proving a bit of a problem. I also work and have 2 kids. Has anyone had a phone consultation with him instead of going to meet him. How did you find that???

Am I doing the right thing??? I've borrowed a lot of money and now I'm feeling guilty. I no I shouldn't cos I am even struggling to walk into a shop and buy a pair of shoes now never mind clothes!!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Andrea x

congrats on getting your loan and on your prospective op.
No you are not doing the wrong thing and you know you arent.
This will change your life for the better, your health will be better, and you will be much more active with the children, and you will look and feel great.
It is only natural to have doubts I have been the same, I am about halfway through my appts for my op and on a milk diet at present.
However deep down you know its the right thing to do, you have had years to diet and get it off and did you??
Well theres your answer Andrea, that is our problem it is hard to get off, and when we do we put it all back on again.
Embrace your prospective op, by the way is it bypass or band??
It will all be worth it, just look at some of the others.
Best of luck

Jay xx

Guilt is natural - its the why am I so rubbish I couldnt do this like anyone else syndrome. Any expert in bariatric surgery will tell you that there are so many complex issues surrounding morbid obesity that its not just a simple eat less and exercise more regime. Thats why these ops are a godsend. Yes its alot of money but what price your quality of life? My bypass (which I had on the NHS) has thus far transformed my life and I dont regret it for a second. Had I had the financial means, I would have definitely gone private. Good luck on your journey to a more healthy you.

Thanks, I know its the right thing but I suppose its just scary. I've just phoned work and begged for a shift swap so I can travel to Manchester. I think I am more suited to the bypass due to my eating habits (sweets, ice-cream and general snacking).

Your right though I have dieted for the last 21 years and I'm pretty sure that has been one of the causes of my long term depression and low self esteem. I know psychologically I could not face joining another slimming club and failing again. Lets face we know what to eat....... I have roughly 90lbs to lose and the thought of doing that at say weight watchers losing 1lb one week and then putting on the next is just too much to bear.

Good luck in your journey. x

You are doing the right thing, everyone feels that way sometimes. Hell, i even have crazy moments where i think am i doing the right thing for me, and i weigh a lot more than you!!

Basically, you decided to do it because i twas right for you, stop beating yourself up about a decision that could potentially save your life.

Sending you positive thoughts!! :) xxx

you're investing in yourself....how's that the wrong thing?? fantastic news on your loan success, and the impending speedy journey you're about to take, i hope you can sort out the day off, if not you'll have to pull a sickie and take the kids with you...at the end of the day, this is your future my dear!!

Hi Andrea
you are def doing the right thing its the best money i have spnt and Mr Ammori is the best. I travelled from Glasgow to Manchester but i went through Marcus Landauer and got a Saturday apt no bother because like you kids, work, travel etc. I am going down on 30th Sept as his clinics are on a Wednesday for check up but i knew that would have to be the case. I would try for a weekend apt x

You go for it girl....We all feel a roller coaster of emotions up & down all the time until the op is done, I went through every emotion but i'm now 3 weeks post op and it's the best thing i've ever done...........

Thank you all for the great replies. I am feeling a tad excited. I've managed to swap my night shift, got my mum to watch the kids after school and my husband has the day off work so there is nothing stopping me. I know deep down that I have to do it. Don't think my mum and dad are too happy about it though. They just think that I should exercise more. They just don't understand how messed up your head gets with dieting for more than 20 years and that this is my last option. Mind you they have heard that before when I jump on another dieting bandwagon.LOL.

Good luck Andrea, it will be the biggest and best decision of your life xx

Hi Andrea
Your parents will come round given time. My mum was the exact same but it's all down to worry and a lack of real knowledge on how it feels to be "us". My mum is certainly better now that i'm post op and is being supportive now that she feels in her own words "relieved". Keep us posted on how it goes good luck x

Andrea vwell done on securing your own funding for your op. To feel guilty is natural as you'll be thinking of all the other things you could do with the money. At the end of the day how much more can you spend on fad diets, weight watches etc?? I know its alot to spend on yourself but its only because you have to pay out all at once. This way the weight will stay off and you'll be so much happier and healthierx

Back