• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st consultation cancelled...feel like the bypass will never happen for me!

EmmaLouise81

After all the drama of last year (getting worked up and leaving a flight to Southampton to meet Mr Sommers for consultation) I sunk into a pretty dark hole. Just wanted everything to end, I really wanted the op but circumstances took over and my health was too bad to fly.

Two weeks ago my aunt booked a consultation for me with Mr Alan Li in Belfast, with The Hospital Group. I just could not make a call, so my aunt was trying to help but I had initally ruled out THG due to the sell, sell, sell talk and constant phone calls when I first got in contact with them.

I thought I would take the consultation, I hate the thought of flying but I need a bypass and want it so bad. Been very nervous for 2 weeks, even went to bed at 6 tonight so I could get a few hours knowing I would get little sleep tonight.

After 8 I got a call, Mr Li is sick and not coming over. Now I know if he is sick he is sick but just feel like this is never going to happen.

I can't even get a first consultation happening!!

Now I am back to thinking I should go with my gut reaction of THG not being for me and try The weight loss group and Mr Khurshid Akhtar.

I could go to Manchester for the op and Belfast for consultation. I just want to get this done, so upsetting and the Dr is no use and they have no funding so don't want to talk about it.

Just want to get the ball rolling and fed up with dead-ends!

Sorry for moaning, I don't have anywhere else to talk about this.

:hug99: sounds like you've had a pretty bad run of things! Sounds like THG is not meant to be, gut reactions are there for a reason and destiny has reinforced that for you! If it were me, I would book a consultation with Mr Akhtar, and maybe let them know that you are very nervous. Either email them, or ask your aunt to explain if you don't feel able to.

Is there anyone you can take with you to a consultation for support?

Don't give up, WLS is an emotional rollercoaster and sometimes these hurdles just make us stronger when it comes to the ups and downs of life post-op.

Hi Emma, not sure if you are anywhere near me, but if you are, come over for lunch!

I am still awaiting my first letter after all of the funding for surgery was rumbling along here in Wales last year, it feels like an eternity, I know how you feel.

It's all sounding very dis-jointed for you with the arrangements... you need to know your direction and do keep positive, I know it's not easy.

Sending you a huge hug and love.... we are always here xxx

Oh that's such bad luck Emma, especially when you've had to cope with the stress of travelling too. I know it's easy to get disheartened, especially when you're prone to feeling low like I am too, but just try to keep telling yourself that you will get your bypass eventually. Once you've managed to get past that first appointment they will get the ball rolling, and before you know it you will be on the losers bench. I hope you get another appointment really quickly and that your doctor is actually sick and not on the golf course lol.

Back