• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please don't judge me :(

scorpioGirl

I'm new here, and have arrived out of desperation. I have my surgery booked for Saturday, was due to start my pre op diet last Saturday and woke with a cold and throat infection. On the advice of my care co ordinator I didn't start the pre op and ate lots of soup and juice to shift the infection. I appear to have been successful, was feeling hunky dory then the nurse calls and tells me off for not doing the diet and puts the fear of god into me! My BMI is 35, so I initially thought that my liver wouldn't be so bad but now I'm terrified....has anyone else been in this situation?

The other point is if you have had an infection or antibiotics etc...are you fit for surgery
As for the liver the pre op as you know is to shrink the liver to make the stomach more accessible
I wish you luck Im sorry you are so worried, can you speak with the hospital or surgeon tomorrow ?

I don't think anyone can judge you, you did what you were told to do. It's not like eating take aways or drinking. Soup and juice aren't going to add fat to your liver. Do the diet until your op, because it can't hurt and hope for the best. Because you are on the lower in of the the bmi side for wls your liver might not be too big anyway. The thing is even if you've done the diet for 2 weeks there is no guarantee it's shrunk enough so you keep your fingers crossed, we will too and hopefully it will be ok.

You took the advice you were given hun so why would we condemn you??
Anyhoo if it helps you feel better my preop consisted of soup ;). So with that low BMI I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better about it now. Can only hope for the best! Less than 24 hours to my surgery now, last minute nerves kicking in!

Good luck, if it helps my bmi wasn't massive and I was on the milk diet from day 1 to 4 then the soup and jelly for 5 to 7 as I was told 7 days was enough, then hey presto my liver was perfectly shrunk, so fingers crossed yours will be as well.

Its today! Good luck please let us know how you get on, Im sure you will be fine too.

Brilliant news.. well done.

Welcome to the losers bench ScorpioGirl :)

Fantastic news. Welcome to life as a bander. We will all shift our shrinking asses along the losers bench to make room for you :D

ive shoved my shrinking ass along lol welcome to banded life :)

Back