• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Budge up a bit on the loser's bench

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Room for 1 more?

Got the call today from the bariatric co-ordinator today - 'Mr Super has a slot on 22 November - would you like it?'
Well I almost bit her hand off. Obviously Mr Kumar and Mr Super have had a bit of a scrap over me and Mr Super won. I'm not fussed who fiddles about with my unconscious body as long as they do a good job! :D

Anyway, less than 2 weeks on the pre-op diet leaves no room for little lapses, and no time to start panicking.

I'll be searching back through the threads to make sure I've got everything I'm going to need post-op, as I'm not too close to any shops. Any experience with when I'll be likely to be able to drive post-op? I was hoping within a week.

woohoo thats fantastic cathi!!! woohoo so pleased for you :) xxx

Wow, fantastic news!!!!

woohoo.jpg

Great news :D
As for driving , you need to be able to do an emergency stop , also check with your insurance company

aww thats fantastic, im having mine on monday 21st nov =D

will be thinking off you!

x x x x

Great news Hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fandabydosy ... bet you are a giddy kipper, lol ... my insurance would not cover me for 6 weeks after my bypass ... think its less less for sleeves & bands as not so much done inside. I can officially drive on Wednesday ... yayayayay. xxx :D:D

Yay good luck hun x

Fandabydosy ... bet you are a giddy kipper, lol ...

Not much work went on this afternoon I can tell you. Settled down a bit now; had to think about telling you all, because I didn't want to make anyone who is waiting for funding or a date feel worse, but I knew you would be pleased for me because you are such a supportive lot. I've only been a member a couple of weeks, but it feels like I've known you all for years.

Thank you all.

Fandabydosy ... bet you are a giddy kipper, lol ... my insurance would not cover me for 6 weeks after my bypass ... think its less less for sleeves & bands as not so much done inside. I can officially drive on Wednesday ... yayayayay. xxx :D:D

Congratulations Cathi, i bet you're over the moon. I'm being done on 19th.

I never even thought about the insurance company, my Surgeon just said 2 weeks.

Not much work went on this afternoon I can tell you. Settled down a bit now; had to think about telling you all, because I didn't want to make anyone who is waiting for funding or a date feel worse, but I knew you would be pleased for me because you are such a supportive lot. I've only been a member a couple of weeks, but it feels like I've known you all for years.

Thank you all.
oh cathi, thats a lovely thought, but we want to celebrate with you too :) im so pleased for you honey and i know that the other pre oppers are too, wish you all the luck in the world :) xxx

My surgeon said 2 weeks and making sure that you can do an emergency stop but everyone must check with thier insurance company. Mine is Admiral, and they said to follow the medical guidelines they have no other rules so 2 weeks for me

Fantastic news Cathi! the day before I take the plunge ! (well the surgeons take the plunge :)) xx good luck xx

Yay!!!! That is excellent news!!! So soon too! If you do come to the support group, you will only have 6 days left until your op. I have a massive grin now :) xxx

Yay!!!! That is excellent news!!! So soon too! If you do come to the support group, you will only have 6 days left until your op. I have a massive grin now :) xxx

I am definitely still coming Fuffs; I'm hoping you will have some good news too. There are bound to be lots of questions I'll have thought of that I can find out on Weds hopefully.

Look forward to seeing you!

Yay!! Cant wait to meet you :) The people there can answer a whole range of questions. It will be good. I look forward to seeing you there xxx

Mr Super has a slot on 22 November - would you like it?'
Well I almost bit her hand off. Obviously Mr Kumar and Mr Super have had a bit of a scrap over me and Mr Super won. I'm not fussed who fiddles about with my unconscious body as long as they do a good job! :D

You cracked me up with the bit about "Mr Kumar and Mr Super" having a scrap over your body!

Hope it all goes spiffingly on 22 Nov with your Mr Super Surgeon !!! :D

Back