• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help me...?

Carre

Hi I had a fill last Thursday and can only manage soup/ really sloppy still a week on, everything feels like its getting stuck!! I have been sick bile everyday..? Am I to tight.. They put from 7.25 up to 7.65. On the plus side I have lost 4 lbs since then.

What I need to know is will it losen on its own or should I go take some out???

I am still able to eat, just not meals only crisps soup and slop!!??.

you prob need a defill hun as tempting as it is it not good for you being that tight and can lead to really bad acid reflux

This long after it sounds like you need a defill. Even as little as .25mL can make a huge difference. You don't need to get rid of the whole thing. Staying too tight can do a lot of damage to your insides and your happiness.

I've been going through similar since my fill in early feb, but have waited to see if it would ease off. As it is, it isn't . . .and 4 weeks on, I am still as you are. which is odd as I had no restriction at all until they gave me 1.5mls to take me to 9mls.

I can eat bread, ryvita, sausages, grapes and fruit, but I can't eat anything protein based, no meat, ham, fish, tuna, prawns or anything of that nature at all . . .

As such, I've gone back to fluids only for 4-5 days, then I will move back to mash and then if I get to food and still can't eat, I will go for a defill. The reason I didn't want to rush for one is that I know the band tightness can vary so much during the month anyway, and that Im going through a REALLY stressful time at work and worried over my son so I think that is playing a part. But by that time it will have been 6 weeks, and during that time I've only been able to eat 3 meals without being sick. I don't get a feeling of it getting stuck, it just doesn't go down so comes back again lol

Speak to your provider Carre and see what they say, but it maybe worth going back to liquids only and then to mash again to see how it goes. When I asked about the difference early on, they said when you get more restriction, especially if you've not had any, it can really take a focus to chew chew chew and slowly. I've been used to eating what I wanted, as I wanted and not having to worry about chewing etc, so I really focussed on the timing and chewing to see if that would help - it hasn't which is why Im trying a last ditch attempt at fluids only again. I know this will stall my losses a bit as after a fill when I go on liquids, my weight loss slows, but its got to be worth it as I don't want to have a fill unless really necessary. Not only the fact that its a 2 hour round trip, that I will have to take time off from work, but I'm hoping that by giving it time to settle down with these liquids that it may help :)

I know this will stall my losses a bit as after a fill when I go on liquids, my weight loss slows, but its got to be worth it as I don't want to have a fill unless really necessary.

I am wondering, what do you drink that your weight loss stalls on liquid? (I am asking because my weight loss speeds up on liquids only). Did you try a few days milk only (plus milky coffee and milky options low cals hot chocolate)? I know it is not very nutritious, but we are talking about a few days, less than a week. Milk has the protein... Or you could try Atkins milkshakes. Your weight loss shouldn't slow down on that.

I am wondering, what do you drink that your weight loss stalls on liquid? (I am asking because my weight loss speeds up on liquids only). Did you try a few days milk only (plus milky coffee and milky options low cals hot chocolate)? I know it is not very nutritious, but we are talking about a few days, less than a week. Milk has the protein... Or you could try Atkins milkshakes. Your weight loss shouldn't slow down on that.

I don't do milk shakes as I don't like them and can't stomach them. I have skimmed milk, drinking yoghurt and occasionally am have soup (but rarely cos I not like soup) and yes I have milky coffee, options hot choc. And I have found that yes, when on liquids after a fill I have a lower loss, I find my optimum weight loss comes at 1100 cals so it maybe that it doesn't like the dip in intake especially as I'm having pretty fast weight loss. I've gotten used to the patterns of my loss, including my 1lb week each month - it doesn't bother me and I know others whose weight loss slows on the liquids too. It can be a funny thing lol I'm not bothered by a slow in loss tho its just th way it is :)

Hi carre, im the same as you. I had a fill about a month ago up to 6.5mls but it was just too much and i couldnt even keep saliva down. Because it was a Saturday I had to go to taunton A+E to have it aspirated. The consultant took out some fluid which was a lovely instant releif!!
On Monday this week I went for another fill and the nurse took me back up to 6mls. After about 12 hours it was the same as last time but not as bad. Unfortunately The Hospital Group couldnt really help because they had no nearby clinics. they said the nurse would be in Exeter (my clinic) on thursday for two hours.
On wednesdsay i started to keep things down and by the morning i felt ok so i spoke to THG, they said to see how i go over the weekend and if needed go back on Tues.
So at the moment im just on fluids but i did have a custard yesterday and in the evenings things feel almost normal. So im really not sure what to do. like you I dont want to end up where i cant eat hardly anything because I love my food lol! I think if im not on mush at the least by tuesday i will have some out cause its not worth putting our health at risk. xx

I've been going through similar since my fill in early feb, but have waited to see if it would ease off. As it is, it isn't . . .and 4 weeks on, I am still as you are. which is odd as I had no restriction at all until they gave me 1.5mls to take me to 9mls.

I can eat bread, ryvita, sausages, grapes and fruit, but I can't eat anything protein based, no meat, ham, fish, tuna, prawns or anything of that nature at all . . .

As such, I've gone back to fluids only for 4-5 days, then I will move back to mash and then if I get to food and still can't eat, I will go for a defill. The reason I didn't want to rush for one is that I know the band tightness can vary so much during the month anyway, and that Im going through a REALLY stressful time at work and worried over my son so I think that is playing a part. But by that time it will have been 6 weeks, and during that time I've only been able to eat 3 meals without being sick. I don't get a feeling of it getting stuck, it just doesn't go down so comes back again lol

Speak to your provider Carre and see what they say, but it maybe worth going back to liquids only and then to mash again to see how it goes. When I asked about the difference early on, they said when you get more restriction, especially if you've not had any, it can really take a focus to chew chew chew and slowly. I've been used to eating what I wanted, as I wanted and not having to worry about chewing etc, so I really focussed on the timing and chewing to see if that would help - it hasn't which is why Im trying a last ditch attempt at fluids only again. I know this will stall my losses a bit as after a fill when I go on liquids, my weight loss slows, but its got to be worth it as I don't want to have a fill unless really necessary. Not only the fact that its a 2 hour round trip, that I will have to take time off from work, but I'm hoping that by giving it time to settle down with these liquids that it may help :)

Thank you...xx this really helped xxx

Hi carre, im the same as you. I had a fill about a month ago up to 6.5mls but it was just too much and i couldnt even keep saliva down. Because it was a Saturday I had to go to taunton A+E to have it aspirated. The consultant took out some fluid which was a lovely instant releif!!
On Monday this week I went for another fill and the nurse took me back up to 6mls. After about 12 hours it was the same as last time but not as bad. Unfortunately The Hospital Group couldnt really help because they had no nearby clinics. they said the nurse would be in Exeter (my clinic) on thursday for two hours.
On wednesdsay i started to keep things down and by the morning i felt ok so i spoke to THG, they said to see how i go over the weekend and if needed go back on Tues.
So at the moment im just on fluids but i did have a custard yesterday and in the evenings things feel almost normal. So im really not sure what to do. like you I dont want to end up where i cant eat hardly anything because I love my food lol! I think if im not on mush at the least by tuesday i will have some out cause its not worth putting our health at risk. xx

I'm from Taunton area, where are you based??. If you don't mind telling ?. Xx

I dont know if you were asking me where I am LOL Im up the M5 from you at Cheltenham/Gloucester :)

how are you feeling today and how are you getting on?

I live in sunny Torquay :). I get my fills in Exeter but the nurse is only in 1 or 2 days a week. Taunton is my nearest NHS bariatric centre so i had to go there last time when i had my aspiration.
Its going to make me very very cautious with my fills from now on lol. xx

Hi top_kat

I didn't have anything taken out and I have been fine, I think it was more me the the band as it gets tighter I need to adjust my eating and I don't think I was chewing and waiting right!!!

So I have been trying extra hard I can eat about half maybe 3/4's of a tea plate now where as before I could eat a full plate and still be peckish lol.x

How are you doing xx??

I'm still on mainly liquids only, trying to see if it will settle down, had 3 days on liquids now, although did manage some very small cocktail prawns today in a bit of sauce (I just needed something to chew on). Im giving it over the weekend to see how things go, may introduce something "mashy" on sunday . . .if not I will then give them a call on monday to arrange to go to have a slight defill - I will have gone this time for 6 weeks then of not being able to eat a meal, and Im in need of the protein LOL

Hi top kat, sorry didn't get back to you quicker I have been quite low it's mad how I have gone from being depressed about being fat now I'm depressed about not eating?. What's wrong with me......:(

Nothings wrong with you - are you still struggling to eat? If after having tried everything else that you're still not able to eat, follow up with your provider.

I think it can be frustrating, when we go from one extreme of even with the band being able to eat anything and not worry, to then potentially having too much restriction so that it stops us eating anything. I managed to eat a few prawns at the weekend, so went to king prawns today, chewed just as much, but no . . .they wouldn't go down.

And its hard, because we want it to work, we want to get on, we want to lose and then when we have things we're trying to achieve, or work to set foods, when we can't eat them, its like WTF do I do now . . .

So . ..are things any better at all? Eating? not eating? how is it going . . .but how are YOU?

Back