• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this right?..

Carre

Hi all just after some advice....

I had a fill on the 4th December which took me from 5.2 to 6.3 it's my 2nd fill.
the issue being Im not able to eat chicken or any main meal meats only ham and the only thing I can eat without feeling like someone has stuck a loaf of bread in my neck is crackers and cheese.... Im thinking it's the restriction but is it normal that I can't eat apart from really sloppy food or really crunchy??. I'm glad something is going on as I have lost more weight.... Now dropped 4 lbs this week due to no food, but keep being sick when eat anything other then soup, crackers, custard creams in my tea, and these type of foods??.

And will it losen before the 10th jan as I'm due another fil? Because I think it's full enough and maybe I should wait till February ..??

A lot of people do struggle with meat when it comes to eating after a fill, I can eat chicken and meat all of the time, apart from during the 2nd week post fill and then it has to be very very tiny morsels and incredibly well chewed, then it eases off a little and I've been ok.

But, being sick isn't right . . .are you actually sick or is it PB'ing? If its being sick, then it sounds as if you may have too much fluid in the band. Take it back to basics for a while, being sick or even PBing can cause the stomach to swell . . .head back to fluids only for a couple of days, then back to mash before heading back into normal foods, it may just be that you need a little time to allow it to settle, but I would give your provider a call.

My own provider, doesn't allow us to book appointments on a schedule, we have to call when we are nearing the point of needing one based on eating as it can change so much, but if you find that you are like this now, I would say that you may not need one, but also on the 10th, its still a long way off, so you can always cancel it if needed nearer to the time :)

A lot of people do struggle with meat when it comes to eating after a fill, I can eat chicken and meat all of the time, apart from during the 2nd week post fill and then it has to be very very tiny morsels and incredibly well chewed, then it eases off a little and I've been ok.

But, being sick isn't right . . .are you actually sick or is it PB'ing? If its being sick, then it sounds as if you may have too much fluid in the band. Take it back to basics for a while, being sick or even PBing can cause the stomach to swell . . .head back to fluids only for a couple of days, then back to mash before heading back into normal foods, it may just be that you need a little time to allow it to settle, but I would give your provider a call.

My own provider, doesn't allow us to book appointments on a schedule, we have to call when we are nearing the point of needing one based on eating as it can change so much, but if you find that you are like this now, I would say that you may not need one, but also on the 10th, its still a long way off, so you can always cancel it if needed nearer to the time :)

Thanks, I will go back to soup for a couple of days, see what happens.. The sick is like water or the last 3 mouthfuls of food which is always followed by thick flem. Sorry to go into detail hope your not eating or just ate!! Lol xx

LOL no you're fine :)

That sounds more like PB'ing more so than being sick, and can often be that you've eaten too fast or too big pieces of food or not chewed them enough . . .perhaps hit liquid or mush for a couple of days and then try reintroducing, but definitely chew lots. My provider suggests 30 seconds chewing of a small morsel (about 50p size) and then waiting for 30 seconds, eating for 20 mins. Trying that or even the 20-20-20 rule may also help with you being able to get these foods down.

I agree with the above, the closer you get the more harder it is and you need to listen to your body. You're pbing so probable cause is rushing or over facing yourself but now that's happened inside will be tender. So back to liquids for couple of days to settle down again. After one fill I was 3wk before back to normal as I'd aggravated my insides like you...we learn as we go I guess! As for jan fill, don't cancel the apt now but review how you are a couple of days before as alot changes over the weeks. However that said I only needed bi monthly at your stage so you're prob getting to that stage x

thansk ladys,

im now on sloppy and soups for a couple of days just to settle it all down!!

i think you are both right, as i have never had to worry about the size of a mouthful or chewing that much i need to focus on that side and im sure it will work...xxxxxx

ill let you know how i get on!!!??? xx

Hope things settle down, and definitely let us know how you're doing :)

Back