• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plus size clothing;where's the best place to buy it?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I've pretty much lived in Evans clothing for the last 20 years, with occasional splurges in my local Anne Harvey, which has just shut down. So now I'm looking around on the internet to get some new clothes and wide fitting shoes. I've just ordered from Marisota for the first time and can't wait to get my extra wide flower power wellies. I've gone off Evans as I don't think their clothing is of very good quality. It always seems to stretch or have loose cotton.

Who would you reccommend?

I've used additions direct, they have a plus size section which is a bit hit & miss but if you search under 'womens' then you can edit yr selections & eventually choose yr size they go up to 30. I buy alot of the 'South' range of clothes, find them to be most flattering to my shape.

La taillisme is good to some quirky & different things there too.

Will let you know if I think of more. xx

Simply Be and all their other sister companies have some lovely stuff. Discount World is one of their companies but sells end of line stuff quite cheaply.

Also Additions have some nice stuff in larger sizes.

Also I recently discovered Next (yes Next) do a nice little extra size range, up to a size 26. I got a few really nice bargains in their sale earlier on this year.

I know what you mean about Evans i got to hate their clothes after having depending on them like you for years. I used to get most of my clothes from catalogues, Marisota, Fashion World, Simply Be to name a few. There really is a sad shortage of high street shops that cater for plus sizes. Hope you find some hun x

Yoursclothing.co.uk

They do some really good stuff and quite cheaply too I have bought loads from them. Good delivery service too.

Marisota is a sister company of Fashion World and Simply Be. They also have Viva la Diva, Ambrose Wilson, Fifty Plus, Simply Yours, and Velvet Affair. Even have a mens one called Jacamo. Have a look see :D

Also New Look has the Inspirations section which is plus size and most mail order catalogues do a plus size section.

matalan do up to a size 30 in the rogers and rogers section and very reasonable also asda do a 26 in a few items x

As well as those mentioned above there is a range of Rogers & Rogers in Matalan and for really cheap gear, George at Asda - ideal when you're dropping down in sizes and don't want to spend much.

Marisota is a sister company of Fashion World and Simply Be. They also have Viva la Diva, Ambrose Wilson, Fifty Plus, Simply Yours, and Velvet Affair. Even have a mens one called Jacamo. Have a look see :D

Also New Look has the Inspirations section which is plus size and most mail order catalogues do a plus size section.

Have to agree for the best options and easy returns!! For high street and 'need it now' i tend to float around Next, New Look and Dorothy Perkins.
have to say im starting to outgrow a few of those above and now refuse to but any new clobber till my half way point!
iM A FUNNY SHAPE.... 22-24 top, 14-18 bottom!! I have no hips or ass, just a mahoosive belly!!! And fat pit tits!! :eek::eek:

i like yours clothing too x

i recently found out that ASOS do a plus range from 20-26 its called 'asos curve' they have some lovely formal wear thats trendy and not like wearing a sack hahaha

oh and sainsburys 'grace' range is another recent discovery in there larger stores :)

Hey ho will will all soon be wondering where the skinny shops are!!! xx

I quite often use Ebay and get quite alot of bargains from lots of the stores that everyone has mentioned above. Costs waaay less too!

Hi. A tip re Simply Be/Fashionworld/Ambrose Wilson/Marisota....
They are all the same family (which someone has already posted) BUT....I have noticed that Fashionworld charges different prices for different sizes and Simply Be doesn't! I'd recommend if you see something on one to check it's price on the other, it can save you some pounds too, and you can use your account number on any of them.
Also I've noticed recently that they've started adding p&p costs if your order is small (I think it's lower than £20). Do what I do - order an extra item, then just send it back! No p&p costs then, and no cost to return!
I'm going to add this as a seprate post just to give everyone a heads up.

cheers guys. lots of ideas and some good tips there.

I recently discovered the Grace range at Sainsburys too, which goes up to my size, 28. My store only has a very small range of their clothing though, although it's handy for black yoga bottoms at just £8 and I pretty much live in them at home.

Hi,
I have also got work wear from M&S online and a company called Bon Prix. I used to get stuff from Curvety.com artigiano.co.uk and once from box2.co.uk for a wedding.
I ordered a couple of suits from Next last year but the were on the snug side, I'm a 26/28/30.
Hope this helps.

When you consider that there is an obesity epidemic in this country, it seems ridiculous that there are so few options on the high street for us. I also hate having to walk through to the back of stores like New Look, past all the teenagers to get to the fat section. I often go into stores and if there is nothing in my size I wander over to the handbag section in the fear that I'll be laughed at for daring to go in there.

Back