• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

porridge

gordon..j

Porridge is a good appetite surpressant; I often have a large bowel in the morning with egg on toast. The secret is to eat a large amount as this curbs cravings and pangs of all kinds, but it is important to buy the right kind of porridge: no instant microwave porridge, or cheap brands, likes Lidle or Aldi, the best by far, is Tesco’s own brand porridge for £1.20. I can go for hours with no food pang’s on this breakfast; try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Hi Gordon, funnily enough when I had a fill yesterday, the nurse said that porridge (while a slider food) is good because it has a low GI - she also said that only traditional porridge will be appropriate. I will try some tomorrow.

But...but...but...but Gordon, you say that the smoothie's curb your appetite...and the apples. How do you manage to eat the porridge aswell :confused:

Oh...BTW, hope the bowels are a bit better :hug99: Frequent journey's to the toilet as you described would be needed on so many apples in one day :hug99:

Maybe taking the eggs as you suggest in another thread, will help 'bind' hence less visits to the gentlemens cloakroom :cool:

Porridge is a good appetite surpressant; I often have a large bowel in the morning with egg on toast. The secret is to eat a large amount as this curbs cravings and pangs of all kinds, but it is important to buy the right kind of porridge: no instant microwave porridge, or cheap brands, likes Lidle or Aldi, the best by far, is Tesco’s own brand porridge for £1.20. I can go for hours with no food pang’s on this breakfast; try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

that sounds nice Gordon but you will probably find that most folks on this part of the forum can't eat large amounts of anything :rolleyes:

I have porridge most mornings. I started with redy brek when I was on sloppies. Now I have a half a cup of Quaker Oats made with soymilk and sweetened with splenda. I put a cut up fresh peach in there too. It does fill me up for hours, and I'm not tempted to snack at all. Also I like porridge, which helps. ;)

I had porridge this morning for the first time. It was a quaker aots one - I managed half and I wont be eating it again. I felt soooo 'stodged up' and bleugh after. Granted I didnt feel hungry - but on the flip side I did feel rubbish!
Manybe I could try a different brand like?

I don't like the original stuff, but do like the microwave one. I especially like the one with the golden syrup flavouring. I guess it can't be as good as the original one but it suits me. If I did'nt have this one I would'nt eat any lolxx

Back