• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port Site Pain

laurawls

Had band fitted 4th feb and ever since I have suffered really bad stomach pains. I was admitted to a and e the other night where I was poked and prod and it seems the pain is coming from the port area?

My local hospital are not familiar with weight loss surgery so I am waiting to hear back from someone with more knowledge that the hospital have referred me on to.

Anyone else had such pain at the port area?

Hope you get something sorted. My port site can play up but i used to be in agony in the upper abdomen from my band being too tight and sometimes it would effect the port site too so maybe you could be too tight?

Hope you get something sorted. My port site can play up but i used to be in agony in the upper abdomen from my band being too tight and sometimes it would effect the port site too so maybe you could be too tight?

I never thought of that, I'm wondering if that would be why?
Was it just after you'd eaten and you'd get the pain? xx

I had pain and not nausea or vomiting. Sometines food would make it worse I ended up in constant pain it was horrible. Had just over half the saline removed and within 2 days the pain went.

Back