• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

well! still doing ok, although today i had the worst case of constipation ever, even had the sweats and shakes and though a hospital visit was imminent, anyway situation now resolved but think enoughs enough of yoghurt and soup..

I was just about to log off and just caught your thread.

How awful for you, but so glad it resolved itself without medical intervention. I would have been beside myself.:eek:

I wonder if drinking orange juice would give you some more fibre? Trouble is, our bodies aren't used to such a radical change in diet.

I shall be sending hubbie out to get some senokots just in case.

Hope you're feeling better now and it doesn't happen again.

Well, it's day 5 and the trapped wind has improved to the point where it's not uncomfortable any more.

I've lost 10lbs on this lovely liquid diet but not sure where from, as my stomach is still quite bloated. I think it's from my toes as there is daylight between them......lol.

I had my first decent night's sleep last night which was lovely and today I have even flicked the duster over some of the house and vacuumed slightly less of it. Still, it's good to be feeling somewhat back to normal.

Hope you are all doing ok?

10lbs!!!!! blooming heck von wow!! well done u :) keep it up. thats an amazing loss :)

Von, happy to hear you are doing so well and that the air is decreasing. 10 pounds is a lot to lose in five days - I lost 12 pounds in the first 7 days. But when I started on solid food again, 5 of those pounds came back.

It may have something to do with the intestines being completely empty because the food we are in the process of assimilating can weigh several pounds. The liquids go right through with little digesting needed, but when we start eating real food again, it takes a day or two to move through the system and that shows on the scale.

This is just my theory - :whistle::whistle::whistle:

When I was at the doctor this past Monday, he gave me a B-12 injection. He said it helps with weight loss and will give me energy.

It sure has given me energy - I am feeling better than I have in two months and have spent the past several days building a paver walk in my yard. I have ordered injectable B-12 and syringes so that I can have one every week. Does anyone else do this and if so, what kind of results?

Only 3 days until your surgery Magicbeans!
You are having the lapband, is that correct?
:flirt2:

yep...but did look into the POSE....looks very good. am watching u guys closely to see how u get on!!:D

Hi all,

sorry I've not been on for a while. I'm now 9 weeks in, I started weighing in at just under 15 stones. I'm now slightly over 13 1/2 stones. So I'm pleased with the result so far, however, I weighed myself yesterday and was the same as last week - eek. I know I've made some poor food choices last week and maybe this is reason. Anyone else with similar results? I know others have had better results but there you go. I'm able to get into clothes I've not worn for a while and have had a few people notice my weight loss - which feels FANTASTIC!

I was originally told that it would take about a year to reach my ideal weight, however, I since had a meeting with my doc, who said it would probably take a year and a half to 2 years. Perhaps, he was expecting me to loose more? Anyway, I'm interested in knowing how long you've been told it'll take to reach your target weight?

My usual diet consists of a small cereal (about 20% less than before), a slim shake drink with either yogurt or 2 pieces of fruit. And a full meal in the evening, with a couple of tea cups in the day. If I'm busy in the day (at work) I don't feel hungry, otherwise I do (like the weekend).

Hi all,

Glad to see you're doing well Von and everything went ok :) You're weight loss is great!

This is a short and sweet thread I'm afraid as having a nightmare at work today :(

I just wanted to say that I am on normal foods now and if I'm being honest - I am slightly concerned and disappointed about how much I can eat. I've been really good upto now and stuck to high protein/low calorie foods but I let myself have a treat the other day and ordered burger and fries in a restaurant and I finished it all with no uncomfortable feelings. I actually ate more than the 2 people I was with. Now don't get me wrong - before surgery I would have been able to eat that plus a starter and a dessert - so I definitely can't eat as much as I used to - but I can definitely still eat more than enough to put on weight unless I stick to diet foods. I knew I'd have to watch what I eat before the op but thought the stomach capacity would have been a lot less. I can eat 75% of what I used to be able to.

On a positive note - I seem to be staying fuller for longer so can go about 5 hours between meals. Plus I now have a determination to lose this weight because I've spent £7000 and gone through an op so I am definitely calorie counting from now on.

I'm sorry to be negative but think it's good to give all opinions rather than the sugar coated version of everything.

I've not lost any weight for the last 3 weeks but am still 15lbs lighter since my op.

I am having just the opposite effect from you, Niffnash. My doctor put me on 1000 calorie diet and most days I have trouble eating that many. For example, today I ate 780 and was hoping to have room to eat some SF ice cream tonight, but looks like that is not going to be possible.
If I eat a meal of 300 calories I am overstuffed and uncomfortable. He did warn me that if I overate, my stomach would stretch out eventually, but that does not seem to be a worry. I do eat snacks between meals with no problem.
He has started me on weekly B-12 injections which he says help weight loss and provide energy. He also gave me a prescription for Phentermine (a diet pill), but I have not needed them as yet.

I would definitely talk to the doctor about this issue - after all the whole purpose was to lose weight!

Hi all, niffnash I can sympathise, I thought I would eat a lot less too. I am trying not to eat too much, avoiding getting too full. I reckon I'm eating about 20% less but would have thought I would have been more like 30-35%.

I am confident I'm going to get there, with time, lots of time! Good luck!

hi all, i think im with niffnash on this, i too feel disapointed that i dont have this oh my god im full sensation, i am using will power to stop myself cos i have spent soo much time and money on this, i will lose the weight but will have to work at it and yes im full for longer but was looking for a bit more help from pose...eastbruce can i have the phentermine please

stillbig, the doctor will likely prescribe phentermine for you if you ask! I may take them someday, but as long as I can control my diet without them, I will do without them.

He also advised me to continue the B-12 injections weekly - they are said to help with weight loss. I know they help with energy.

We haven't heard from Von for a while, I wonder how she is doing also.

hi eastbruce, unfortunately phentermine are banned in the uk, if i thought i could get them i would..glad your doing well, my weight losshaskinda came to a halt although the inches seem to be going, so happy with that, hope von posts soon x

POSE Surgery 7/04/11

Hi guys, im having my pose surgery done on saturday, very nervous and wanting some advise on post op for anyone who has had it done.

hope to hear from a fellow pose-er

shax:)

Welcome Shax,

I had my POSE on 2/25 am now feeling great!
Post-op most people have very few problems:
a sore throat for 2 or 3 days, a little nausea, and getting rid of the air remaining in your body from the procedure.

I had more issues post-op, but those were due to another surgery a couple of weeks before.

Have you talked to your doctor about you diet afterwards? POSE is not a miracle, you still have to count calories etc. I've been able to eat less than half what I normally eat and still feel satisfied.

Good Luck on Saturday and let us know how you do!

thanks

thanks for your response eastbruce.
I was 19 stone in January, came down to 18.5 with exercise, now 16.13 doing the milk and yoghurt pre-op. im very nervous and feeling pretty scared as I need to be back on placement on wednesday. giving me only sunday, monday and tuesday to recover!
wish me luck :)

Back