• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

thanks guys, im ultra nervous!!
checking in at 7am, been having clear liquid for 24 hrs, and fasting after 12pm tonight. extremely scared but excited too!

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. Just a very quick update, I had the POSE in February and weighed just slightly under 15 stones, last week I was 13 1/4 stones. However I have replace lunch with a milkshake and yogurt. I'm pleased with results so far!

Hi
This is my first post .I had pose yesterday 11th may and feel great i just wondered what the weight loss was like for everybody else im 16 st 5ft 7in .I only had a slight sore throat and a small amount of shoulder pain .

Hey Scottt,

I also had my POSE procedure done yesterday (11 May). Yaaay! I don't feel THAT different yet - more just post-surgery and anaesthetic. Yes, I've got the sore throat but that's all - and I hope it stays that way. Got to get back to work asap. Don't know what to expect on the weightloss - didn't lose much on the pre-op diet. I'm 5'3" and weighed 11st.
If I can find you again on this site (I'm rubbish with this sort of thing) it would be good to see your losses, too. BUT LET'S NOT GET INTO ANYTHING COMPETITIVE!

Hi That would be fab im not competetive so no problem there .But it would be great to keep in touch as we had it done on the same day thanks . im really a Liz scott is just a user name

Hi Ihad my pose at the Alexandria in manchester im not sure how many anchors .I never thought to ask but i will now Thanks

Hey Scottt,

I also had my POSE procedure done yesterday (11 May). Yaaay! I don't feel THAT different yet - more just post-surgery and anaesthetic. Yes, I've got the sore throat but that's all - and I hope it stays that way. Got to get back to work asap. Don't know what to expect on the weightloss - didn't lose much on the pre-op diet. I'm 5'3" and weighed 11st.
If I can find you again on this site (I'm rubbish with this sort of thing) it would be good to see your losses, too. BUT LET'S NOT GET INTO ANYTHING COMPETITIVE!

Hi Lynda im rubish a t this too but ive saved you as a friend .If you click on to my profile you can save me too I have replied further down the pade good luck to us both liz (scottt)

Hi Liz (Scottt),

Really good to hear from you.
I had POSE done at the Spire in Bushey by Mr. Sufi and had 10 anchors. Apparently you can have somewhere between, I think he said, 5 and 11 depending on the size of your stomach. OMG - that speaks volumes then! If I get the hang of this I'll put you on as a friend, too. If I don't , please don't be offended, it's not you, it's me.

x

Pose done

Hi guys,
had pose done 11th may, alexandra hospital, doctor agwunobi.
came home yesterday, having alot of gas pain and judging how much liquid i should be having. i dont think im having enough. how to get relief for sore throat?

pose

Hi i also had my pose at the alex in manchester 11th may (shax) Dr Agwunobi after the cancelled one on saturday .Still not sure about the anchors i really must ask .I dont feel at all hungry just empty if you know what i mean .The best relief i have for a sore throat is non other than Ribena ice lollies 8 for a pound at morrisons fat free and only 25 cals .
LIZ

Hi Lynda and ThinkingMan thanks for the replys im still not sure how to use this correctly .Hi Shax i also had my pose on may 11th at the Alex in manchester with Mr Agwunobi my first appointment was cancelled on the 7th due to an instrument failure .The best aid for a sore throat has been non other than Ribena ice-lollies 8 for a pound no fat and only 25 cals its worth a try .Ireally must find out how many anchors i had .LIZ XXXX

Hi Shax,

Another one of us that had POSE on the 11th - spooky. Anyway, sore throat; Yes, I've still got but I do find the only thing that relieves it, even if it's only temporary, is chilled milk (which we're supposed to be drinking anyway). That might help. One of the things I was told to do was to drink 2 pints a day! Phew. So I've got all sorts of flavours to try and vary things a bit. Can't drink so much water though. Hope this might be of use to you.

Hi Lynda and ThinkingMan thanks for the replys im still not sure how to use this correctly .Hi Shax i also had my pose on may 11th at the Alex in manchester with Mr Agwunobi my first appointment was cancelled on the 7th due to an instrument failure .The best aid for a sore throat has been non other than Ribena ice-lollies 8 for a pound no fat and only 25 cals its worth a try .Ireally must find out how many anchors i had .LIZ XXXX
'morning Liz,

I don't know if you'll get this - I really haven't got the hang of it. That's a really good idea - never thought of the ice-lollies. Thanks.
Were you told to drink lots of milk, though? It's our only/main source of vitamins at this stage.

xx

Milk

Hi Lynda

I was told no milk for the first 4 days and then only skimmed for the next 14 . It seems we all have different rules .The ice- lollies are the best .Even the before rules seemed to be different .Im so worried about eating the wrong things ive only had ice- lollies and some sugar free jelly so far but its only the first week .Im dying to weigh myself but im going to hold off for a week from the op .It seems that if you click on post reply at the bottom it works ok im a bit rubish at this haha xxx

Last edited:
How odd about the variation on advice about milk. I started it on the day following the procedure. I'm getting sort of hungry - that is worrying 'cos I don't want to feel like this. EVER! I've been hopping on and off the scales like a demented thing. Think I'll take your further advice and wait until it's been a week. You seem like really sensible person.
x

POSE

I was feeling very empty rather than hungry, so i had a tin of weight watchers soup and a yoghurt and a glass of juice and feel fab and full .I don't want to get that really starving feeling as i tend to go off the rails and eat everything in sight .We probably only feel so hungry cos we havn't eaten anything substansial for several days .I'm reallly glad somebody else is feeling the same way . Im dying to weigh myself but dont want to become obssessed with numbers as i always do that and then get discouraged with the scales .I'm not that sensible but i'm such a yoyo dieter i dont want to get back on that road again .I have decided on a pair of old jeans that i want to get back in to rather than a goal weight . Back to work tommorrow xxxxx Hi Shax how are you feeling xxx

Last edited:
Back