• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

The sleeve works on restriction (70% smaller stomach. And not malabsorption like the bypass. So you don't get the vitamin deficiency.

The band does have a shelf life I believe. But not sure how long it is xxx

With the sleeve your stomach can be up to 85% smaller.....you do need to take multivitamins due to the reduced amount of food you can fit in.

angeeb said:
With the sleeve your stomach can be up to 85% smaller.....you do need to take multivitamins due to the reduced amount of food you can fit in.

Cool. My surgeon was gonna do 70% if he had been unable to complete my bypass.

I thought with the sleeve you take the vitamins as a very good idea. Also banders do. But bypasses are the only no choice ones as we don't absorb all the vitamins from the small amount of food we can eat.

Ruthiep said:
I was told I'd have to have vitamins for life with my sleeve.

Thats the beauty of this forum, learning something new everyday :D

The band does have a shelf life I believe. But not sure how long it is xxx

Nobody can say how long a band will last, there are many variations and have been many improvements but it is still a relatively new procedure.

The companies that manufacture them say they are designed (now) to last forever :D

I'm off to the Alexander in Cheadle next Tues for a consultation through the National Obesity Surgery Centre. However, I'm not sure they do the sleeve or the wrap because as I said earlier, I was looking at POSE.

Anyway, if they don't or if it's too expensive I think I'll go to Cosmetic Bliss in Brno. I'd rather lose my consultation fee and get it right first time than end up having something that's not right for me.

Can I just say that I had IVF treatment in Brno a few years ago and the clinic and staff were second to none. Miles, miles better than anything I could have hoped for back in UK - and successful! The only reason I chose UK for wls is time. I would always chose Czeck Rep, they know how to treat people properly.

Tessy..x

I have expressed my disappointment with the results and very short term effects of this pose surgery both in writing and to the clinical director of my surgery provider - the national obesity surgery centre .

I have also lodged a complaint to " rip off Britain "

I intend to take this further .

I spoke to the managing director of another weight loss surgery provider company and he admits the results are " not very good" with pose .

Are there any other post pose surgery patients unhappy with the results ?

How is everyone else finding this ?

Please , please reply

Thank you

Alexandrite

Alexandrite said:
I have expressed my disappointment with the results and very short term effects of this pose surgery both in writing and to the clinical director of my surgery provider - the national obesity surgery centre .

I have also lodged a complaint to " rip off Britain "

I intend to take this further .

I spoke to the managing director of another weight loss surgery provider company and he admits the results are " not very good" with pose .

Are there any other post pose surgery patients unhappy with the results ?

How is everyone else finding this ?

Please , please reply

Thank you

Alexandrite

Well done!! Nothing changes if no one speaks out. Good on you xxx

I will be 12 weeks in next week. I think some have suggested that the procedure is ineffective after 3 months. I have lost over 3 stone in the first 12 weeks. Wonder if I will lose any more over the next 12 weeks?!

MarcusJ said:
I will be 12 weeks in next week. I think some have suggested that the procedure is ineffective after 3 months. I have lost over 3 stone in the first 12 weeks. Wonder if I will lose any more over the next 12 weeks?!

Well done!!!

If you stick to do what you are doing now, you may need more willpower, but you will still lose weight :) Keep up the good work! Xxx

Hi Marcus j

I sincerely hope you do .

You've done fantastically well and I am truly delighted that you are getting so much success with pose .

I totally agree with your view that pose should be offered as the procedure itself is so simple and easy ( that's how I found it ) of course , because ita a general anaesthetic it is still a serious surgery .

I understand the manufacturers of the pose device have now developed a " mark 3 " and the pleates are now ( or can be ) 6mm as opposed to the 2mm that I had .
A
I also understand that in America they are increasing the number of anchors per procedure . As with new devices / treatments there are " teething problems" etc and protocols change and improvements are made .

Even though for me this pose surgery has been a massive disappointment And a waste of my effort , time and money I'm sure there are people out there that find it of Benefit .

My hunger is as strong as ever and that is the most disappointing of all ( more so than weight loss ) as my greatest hope and expectation was that it would help me considerably with my appetite and help me to control food amounts ( as like you it wasn't exactly the types of foods I was eating but the QUANTITY )

I'm thrilled for you , keep up the great work

Alexandrite

I understand the manufacturers of the pose device have now developed a "mark 3" and the pleates are now (or can be) 6mm as opposed to the 2mm that I had.

I also understand that in America they are increasing the number of anchors per procedure. As with new devices / treatments there are "teething problems" etc and protocols change and improvements are made.

Aaaaah, I see.

Looks like this is one of those new procedures which may work better for some people than others, especially those who end up fortunate enough to end up with the "new improved" version with 6mm anchors and more of them.

Like the sleeve was originally carried out 10 years ago on bougies sized 40F to 60F and intended to assist people with BMI's over 60 get down to around BMI 40 - 45 before a second stage procedure was performed (either DS or bypass).

Improvements over the past 5 years have led to smaller sleeves being performed, now on 32F to 36F bougies (approx 10 mm -- 11.5 mm wide) and better results being seen, and enabling the sleeve to be performed as a "stand alone" procedure now.

Perhaps POSE and other new procedures may be subject to further improvements and modifications in the future.

From what I can see after re -reading many of the pages of this thread it seems to me that
Shax
Stillbig
Scott( Liz)
Lyndab
And myself alexandrite are very unhappy and disappointed with the results and short term effects of pose .

Am I correct in saying we all got it done with the same surgeon at the same hospital ?

Shax, lyndab and Scott ( Liz) on may the 11 th with mr agynobi at cheadle Manchester through the national obesity surgery centre - and myself ,
I think still big did too .

I wonder is this an unhappy coincidence ?

Of course I wanted this to work for me and I try very very hard each day , so it's natural i feel I want to " blame" someone / something for this .( other than myself for not losing weight . There simply is NO restriction . I am following the plan to the letter but am constantly hungry . This should not be the case if this worked , as it was sold to me .

On a slightly separate note , Martin Lewis ( the money guy - consumers champion / he's fab ) was on " watchdog" in relation to refunds for pip implants ( faulty French unsaft implants ) from what I can gather he was explaining he felt there is a case to be made for anyone who paid for their implants via credit card ( even if they only paid a portion of it by credit card - the entire amount is " protected / covered under " section 75"

I paid my full amount by debit card so I'm assuming there is a vast difference ( as in no comeback whatsoever )
But I'm thinking about the rest of you guys , specifically mentioned above . ( I know shax mentioned she had taken out a loan for this )

What do you all think . ??

Alexandrite

On a slightly separate note , Martin Lewis ( the money guy - consumers champion / he's fab ) was on " watchdog" in relation to refunds for pip implants ( faulty French unsaft implants ) from what I can gather he was explaining he felt there is a case to be made for anyone who paid for their implants via credit card ( even if they only paid a portion of it by credit card - the entire amount is " protected / covered under " section 75"

You might have something there. Certainly anybody who paid by credit card for the whole procedure and found that it did not work within 3 months (or even 6 months) might have a very good claim !!

From what I can see after re -reading many of the pages of this thread it seems to me that
Shax
Stillbig
Scott( Liz)
Lyndab
And myself alexandrite are very unhappy and disappointed with the results and short term effects of pose .

Am I correct in saying we all got it done with the same surgeon at the same hospital ?

Shax, lyndab and Scott ( Liz) on may the 11 th with mr agynobi at cheadle Manchester through the national obesity surgery centre - and myself ,
I think still big did too .

I wonder is this an unhappy coincidence ?

Of course I wanted this to work for me and I try very very hard each day , so it's natural i feel I want to " blame" someone / something for this .( other than myself for not losing weight . There simply is NO restriction . I am following the plan to the letter but am constantly hungry . This should not be the case if this worked , as it was sold to me .

I paid my full amount by debit card so I'm assuming there is a vast difference ( as in no comeback whatsoever )
But I'm thinking about the rest of you guys , specifically mentioned above . ( I know shax mentioned she had taken out a loan for this )

What do you all think . ??

Alexandrite
No, my POSE procedure was not at Cheadle. Therefore, from my perspective, it's the procedure that's at fault rather than the surgeon. I don't think enough research has been done before it was put 'out there'. And I paid by debit card rather than credit card so probably no comeback from that.
However, I would just say I have contacted 'Rip Off Britain' but received no response, the same for the Daily Mail who had previously done an article on POSE some time ago.
If I can take this further I will!!

Hi All

I've been keeping up with this thread because when I first looked into WLS a couple of months ago POSE was the procedure I liked the look of.

Just reading through the latest posts about you trying to make a claim for faulty goods - well it certainly has not done what it was supposed to do for most of you! Anyone who has paid by Visa debit card has the same rights as those who have paid by Visa credit card. It's Visa that covers you.

I found this out by chance when I bought a TV from Empire and they went into receivership before I took delivery of it. I rang Visa and asked about a refund and was told to put it in writing and send a copy of the receipt. I got a full refund within a couple of weeks. They give you your money back and then they put a claim in get a refund from the third party. It might be worth a try.

If a few of you band together you may have a stronger case. Go to your local CAB for advice, or have a chat with a 'No Win No Fee' solicitor. Usually their first appointment is free. I know they take a cut but getting something back is better than nothing.

Good Luck, Tessy..x

Forgot to say, I found out about Visa through google. Try googling a few sentences i.e.

'Refund from visa after failed surgery procedure'

Might come up with something?

Furthermore, heck! have we no solicitors on the site that could offer some advice????

Surely, there must be someone who can give you a starting point?

Thank you so much for this.

I'm going to check this out .

I was speaking to a surgeon today who does pose ( not my own surgeon who performed my pose) and his opinion is - the manufacturers of the pose device usgi medical in USA , there are too many " variables" with how the surgery is done and no "uniformity" as such . I queried if the larger pleats / more anchors would have a better outcome but his reply was as I have already stated .
He said he has seen the data collected from all over the world and the results from his patients came out on top .

He spent 17 mins talking to me today . I am enquiring about a revision from pose to sleeve but he has declined me on the basis that my bmi is too low ( even though I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure , he said no , which I respect and acknowledge.
He did state however that if my bmi were to creep up to 35 in years to come again that he would then consider me for revision .
He told me the revision from pose to sleeve can be done but with slightly higher risk of a leak .
I was shocked to hear that the anchors can NOT be removed ( as stated by another member earlier on in this thread) ( for a cost of 4000 pounds) .
He explained that the pose is effective with recognising the very early signs of fullness and is NOT a RESTRICTIVE surgery ( not what I was sold - not what is marketed on all the pose websites !!

Very interesting phone call ,

I would value everyones opinions on this

Alexandrite

Back