• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Blues

That sounds very well done!

I'm off to the quacks this morning to see what they can suggest to help with the situation

Well I had a pretty successful trip to the GP today to sort out this rotten constipation. He believed it was the Dihydrocodiene I was taking for pain relief that caused all the trouble and he has given me Docusate which is similar to Dulcolax. I took one when I got home and it worked within 2 hours. The rest is history lol, not sure if it was totally down to the Docusate what worked so quickly or the help it already had from the 4-5 different types of laxatives I have taken over the past four days. But I feel tip top now I stopped taking the pain killers on Saturday because the leaflet advised that constipation is likely. Oh Bally I got some physillium husk too so I will give that ago when things chill a bit in the bowl area lol. Thanks for your help and advice on this guys it means a lot. :)

Well I had a pretty successful trip to the GP today to sort out this rotten constipation. He believed it was the Dihydrocodiene I was taking for pain relief that caused all the trouble and he has given me Docusate which is similar to Dulcolax. I took one when I got home and it worked within 2 hours. The rest is history lol, not sure if it was totally down to the Docusate what worked so quickly or the help it already had from the 4-5 different types of laxatives I have taken over the past four days. But I feel tip top now I stopped taking the pain killers on Saturday because the leaflet advised that constipation is likely. Oh Bally I got some physillium husk too so I will give that ago when things chill a bit in the bowl area lol. Thanks for your help and advice on this guys it means a lot. :)

Yay! The eagle has landed!

:talk017:

Yay! The eagle has landed!

:talk017:

Oh yes Jo well and truly lol I have lost 3lb in last two days. I think it over shot the nest lmao

I'm glad to hear you are better!

Oh Bally I got some physillium husk too so I will give that ago when things chill a bit in the bowl area lol. Thanks for your help and advice on this guys it means a lot. :)

It isn't an original idea...I'd read about husk in some other post.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah :cry:

(I'm happy for you, ahem!!)

Two days or two hours?!

Lol over two days sorry for the info overload lmao

Hello, I had similar problems early on but now if I am heading that way I take dulcoease which keeps things soft, plus I KNOW my non fail shifting food is tinned grapefruit, it works every time for me, so if I am heading that way I hit the grapefruit!!!

Hello, I had similar problems early on but now if I am heading that way I take dulcoease which keeps things soft, plus I KNOW my non fail shifting food is tinned grapefruit, it works every time for me, so if I am heading that way I hit the grapefruit!!!

Hi Lyzzyanne

I'm seven weeks post op, I need to find that type of never fail food like you did. I try to avoid Grapefruit because, pre op I had high blood pressure and Grapefruit is a thermogenic (fat burner) it raises blood pressure. But what I love about this forum is the info you pick up and the help and support you get with issues from people I'm sure I'll discover it soon lol. Has any tried syrup of figs for these issues? My parents swear by it, but I'm a little concerned of getting caught short if another bad bout strikes and I'm out and about!

Back