• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op food

westiedog

Has anyone used baby/infant food in their post op diets?

Hi Westie, from what I understand, baby food wouldn't provide the right nutrients for us as adults. Also, think they're not the best tasting - unless things have moved on since my kids were little.:)

They do advise against it, I was told to eat normally and purée rather than buy baby food...

That being said... I did find these when going round the supermarket and brought a handful, there was also a fish pie one.
As they are aimed at kids over 1, they were already mushy enough for me to use during the mush/soft stage.

Attachments

• image-3824414580.jpg
    image-3824414580.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 42
I think they'd be good Mighty. My kids have had those before.

It was the weaning jars that would taste pants I think.

Thanks for the replies. I saw the meals for toddlers in the baby aisle spag bol etc. Might take a look at the meals when I am post op x

prepare your own and freeze into smaller amounts, far better than ready meals or baby food.

I Tried baby food it was tasteless, much better to make your own and freeze.
Hospital also advise against, baby foods.

I would again agree. Completely the wrong type of nutrition - you need high protein which babies get from milk. Unless you were planning to have baby formula too, you put yourself at risk of malnutrition.

Will cook my own and freeze x

Back