• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op hunger :/

hollywood30

Ok so just over 2 weeks post op, on mashed food etc right now. Dont seem to be having trouble with anything, except I did try toast(i know i shouldnt of) couldnt handle toast was painful. Apart from that im fine with everything. Im not as hungry as i was before my op but still alot hungerier and eating alot more than just after my op. Is this normal? I also dont know if they put anything in my band when i got it i just know i had a small band . due for a fill on 27th june x

Its perfectly normal to still feel hunger and for you to be able to manage more each week. Its good that you aren't struggling either.

You are right toast is not advisable as mashed food :confused:

How much are you managing for each meal? x

I've had things like a very small potato with half a tin of tuna, or 2 scrambled eggs, and I'm able to eat those fine xx

Hi hollywood30,
I am so glad i am not the only one feeling like this!
I had my band fitted on the 24th May so am in second week of purred food and am feeling hungry. When I phoned the nurse she said it because the swelling in the tummy has gone down and that i will feel hungry untill I have my first fill, was told that the band was fitted in an unfilled state. It seams I am eating about the same amount as you and i to had a blip and had a bit of bread and went down fine. I have not strugled with any food yet which I am pleased with. Just have to keep at it till your first fill - i have mine on 5th July.

I've had things like a very small potato with half a tin of tuna, or 2 scrambled eggs, and I'm able to eat those fine xx

They are both very small meals but also plenty of protein.

I was advised to eat upto 6 tablespoons on the mushy food stage - I couldn't manage that much though. I could eat around the size of a WW ready meal

Also I only ever had mashed potato and didnt have tuna or scrambled egg until I moved onto the next stage. So its good that you are managing ok but just go steady xx

hi,im on the solid stage now and still feel hungry,havent had my 1st fill yet so it is perfectly normal..i started to think that my band wasnt even there untill i tried bread for the 1st time and it got stuck,not pleasant made myself sick xx

thanks everyone glad im not the only one! Tracy thats exactly what happened with me it just felt like my band wasnt even there until I tried toast. Poshlady Im having my band fill on 27th June so will post and let you know how it goes !!xx

Yes please do. I am really nervous about having my band fill but been told the vitamin B12 injection I have is worse than having a band fill. Let us know how you get on - good luck xx

Back