• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i hungry or thirsty.help.

costaerer

i had my op two weeks ago and im basically eating normal soft food now.

today ive eaten 2 eggs scrambled, a bowl of macaroni cheese - dunno if i had alot or a normal amount?, and some mashed potato with butter sauce- about 160grams of potato mashed.

that was about two hrs ago and im kinda hungry. but i dunno if im hungry or just used to eating. its really hard to tell the difference. maybe its thirst.......but i dont think its that because im always drinking NAS dilute...

help pleeeeeaseee!!!

hey Costaerer

you should be thirsty , try to drink some water and wait for an hour or two before having any food.

How is your weight losing going hun.

As a bander 2 weeks post op your swelling will have gone right down and you will have very little (if any) restriction. You will find it nearly impossible to manage on 800 cals a day until you start having fills and get to the right level. Remember at the moment your band is just an empty tool, and you can't expect much (if any) weight loss in this period.

I had my band fitted 30/6/09 and I'm still not at "sweet spot" yet but I am losing weight slowly. I saw Shaw Somers on Monday and he said that he was very pleased with the way things are going as I had explained that "I have a life" and still go out so my weight loss will be slower.

800 calories a day with no restriction is going to be very difficult if not impossible. You will be setting yourself up to fail/feel bad about yourself if you have no restriction and don't eat enough. I think that you may find you will be eating smaller portions and you will still lose weight. I would recommend that you speak to your nutritionist.

Remember we are all different.

Wishing you all the best.

i think i had 1100 yestrday which i dont feel is terrble

Hi 1,100 calories is fine. However maybe have a look at what you are eating, its seems to be quite high in fat and carbs which is not too much of a problem early on but if you get into good habbits now it will help in the long run. Also, were you advised that pasta was ok to eat most banders are advised to avoid rice, pasta and bread as long term you may not be able to tolerate them.

Try and add some lower fat soft protein to your meals ie tuna to really fill you up. You could well be thirsty but if you aim for around 2ltrs a day thats plenty!

Good luck x

Hi, hope you are able to sort the problem with the advice from the clever people here. Just wanted to add one thing - after you have had a fill you would have to be very careful about things like pasta, rice and bread. They are glutinous and get stuck very easily (I found this to my cost), it will take a considerable effort in the barfing department to get rid of the blockage - this of course is very bad for the band x

thanks i will try and avoid pasta from now on! today i had scrambled egg for breakfast and a heaped serving spoon of mashed potato. im going to try and have soup for dinner to keep the calories down!

hi there

I would try to aim for more consitency. the foods you are having are slider foods and they will not fill you up in the same way as more dense foods.

800 calories is waaaay to low.

I was advised 1500 max per day.

Your diet sounds a little carb rich, try for much more protien, like chicken, prawns, fish and a little cheese.

Pasta, rice and bread should be avoided, for a couple of reasons. One they swell after you eat them, two they can get stuck and three they have no real nutritional value.

You should aim to eat in this order, protien, veg, then carbs last.

Try and avoid sauces as this makes food slide too.

Good luck on your journey :)

My post op diet was brief...days 1-3 liquid, days 4-7 soft and from day 7 normal.

My surgeon chooses to go this way as it stops the hunger from returning with a vengence. If you can sustain with more solid foods, you eat less.

I guess in your case, follow what you have been told. It will balance out once you are back to normal foods.

thanks.
im going to have some quorn pieces in breadcrumbs for dinner with some butternut squash soup! i think this will bring my cals for today to 1100 ish. x

Back