• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 wks post op and struggling with restriction

Bubbles1971

Hi I had 2ml put into my band at the Op and for a few weeks after it was wonderful, I wasn't hungry at all and when I was eating I was full very quickly on small portions. This didn't last, I had read that it wouldn't, and my hunger and portion size has grown. However I had my first post op band fill on Monday of another 2ml and I don't feel much different. I can eat marginally less but am hungry again a couple of hours later. Has anyone else felt the same after their first band fill?

Me took a lot o adjusting but try and keep portions small. Try to mentally do it too. 8 weeks isn't long after surgery.

It'll take a while to get restriction, for most people it's around 7ml for a 10ml band. It'll never be like the few weeks after surgery again, unfortunately.
Just stick to the rules, whilst your band is slowly filled. The weight will still come off of you do, even without restriction, the band is still doing its job & this is the ideal time to learn your new eating habits.
Choose crunchy (non slider) foods & the band will restrict your portion size. It takes a lot of self control sometimes but the results are well worth it

Thank you both, I was getting worried about it as well as frustrated. I got the talk from the support person about eating protein and small portions etc which is fine but if I could do that in any sustained way I wouldn't have had to pay thousands for a band lol so I am struggling. I'll keep trying and thanks.

Thank you both, I was getting worried about it as well as frustrated. I got the talk from the support person about eating protein and small portions etc which is fine but if I could do that in any sustained way I wouldn't have had to pay thousands for a band lol so I am struggling. I'll keep trying and thanks.

Hi

The following posts might help, for advice and info. Be patient and eat that protein x

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/147823-newbies-have-gander.html

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-faqs/135438-post-op-eating-tips.html

Back