• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Medication

Quincey

Hallo post Opers,

Went to my doctors today about my post op medication, and was told that my current medication was not slow release, so all I needed to do was crush it and dissolve in water.
Now my question is I thought drinking was a difficulty at first so how do I take my meds
I currently take 5 different tablets.
I was told by my hospital, that I would need liquid form, but doctor says there are none except for Aspirin
Quincey

Alot of Drs & even hospital pharmacies don't like prescribing liquid medications because they are hugely expensive. The hospitals often say get your meds in liquid form, but if your GP has checked that the medications you are currently on are OK to be crushed, then it is alot easier to just take them crushed! Buy yourself a pill crusher (you can get them for about £2 on eBay), crush whatever you need & just wash it down with a few sips of water, it will be fine. Drinking isn't a difficulty as such, as long as you sip & don't try to glug xxx

All my meds post op were tablet form, had no probs just take one at a time

Thanks Angie790, Daftmoo, i was alittle confused, as you say Hospitals say one thing GP another,
Happy now, i know i will be ok, THANKS

We were told at Homerton to take all our meds in and they will change them all into liquid form. So will they actually do that or check to see if they can be crushed?? Its all so confusing as if we dont have enough to think about LOL XX

i've been downing tablets from day one, look..if they get stuck a bit, they'll soon dissolve and move on down , nowt to worry about!! ;)

Back