• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What will happen to medication

novamay

Born Free
What happens to your usual medication after the sleeve?

I am currently on a number of meds: Metformin slow release 4x500mg daily; 1x80mg gliclazide; 1x100mg Thyroxine; 1x30mg Lansoprazole; 1x20mg Fluoxetine; 1x8mg Candesartan and take paracetamol for joint pains throughout the day. Sometimes I take Tramadol capsules or Codiene if the arthritis gets too bad that I can't sleep at night.

Wondered if I will still be able to take these forms of meds after the sleeve and would it be best to stagger them?

Will this be reviewed by my GP or will they adjust meds at the hospital when they do the surgery?

Will I still be allowed the slow release metforim - the normal stuff gave me terrible stomach pains and diarrhoea. :eek: Hopefully, I wont need 4 a day after the op though!

Everything is the same with a sleeve, as there is no malabsorption, I take all mine in the morning just like I always have :) xxx

from me phone :D

The first week post op I was able to come off of some of my medication bp tablets and metformin but I wasn't taking metformin for diebetes I was taking it for pcos. Hopefully once you start losing some weight you will also be able to come off some of them> They will tell you what to take and when while you are in hospital then when you come home you will be monitored by your gp. Wendy

Back