• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op trouble

MrsG90

Hello all

I had the op on Monday afternoon, it's now Thursday morning. I'm still suffering a lot from the operation gas they put in I think. Haven't managed a meal yet and every time I drink water it doesn't feel right. I'm in hospital at the moment and they've checked for any leaks which there isn't.

Any advice anyone? I just want to start to go on my liquid diet and get back to normal ??

Hi mrsg, I wouldn't worry, I had my op just over 2 weeks ago. I had mine on a Tuesday and it was Thursday morning before I was taking tiny sips and managed less than 200ml of water in the whole day. The first few days I just sipped water in tiny amounts so don't worry, and each sip felt like I had swollowed a stone! Good luck

Thank you kar. Feel like I've got this build up of wind which is stopping me feeling well :(

Thank you kar. Seemed to have a bit block of wind stuck and I'm certain it's the root of all my problems at the minute. So damn uncomfortable!

Thankfully i didnt get the wind but your tummy will be sore and bruised. The water will go down easier over the next few days. Good luck

Thanks. Feel like a right whinge ass but didn't expect to be like this so badly xxx

Yes i was a bit surprised, even now i can only manage 100ml of liquid over about a period of time so dont worry.

Hi Mrs G, totally normal feelings. Have you asked for peppermint water or windez tablets? These should help, also getting up and moving with encourage...farts!

I really struggled with liquids for first few days and couldn't keep anything down so sucked on ice cubes and ice lollies for first few days until the swelling went down. I also found warm or room temperature liquid was much easier to swallow than cold liquid.

Have you tried a couple of spoons of soup or yoghurt?

X

Hi Mrs G cant offer any advice at mo as not experiencing the same as you but hope you feel better and move that wind soon x I had my op on Saturday so I'll be following your progress as we had ops a few days apart x

Hello you :) Hope things are better this evening!

Hi Mrs G, I'm due the op on Monday 15 Sept so I'm reading your posts with great interest as you are me just a week ahead :)
I hope you are feeling a bit better, are you out of hospital now?

Hi all, Thanks for the advice.
I'm feeling a bit better now, getting some peppermint tea down my gob haha!
My husband has bought some ice lollies so going to try them as I need to up my liquid intake. Good luck on your Op Karen! Where are you having it?

Hi all, Thanks for the advice.
I'm feeling a bit better now, getting some peppermint tea down my gob haha!
My husband has bought some ice lollies so going to try them as I need to up my liquid intake. Good luck on your Op Karen! Where are you having it?
Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield about 20 miles from where we live so a bit of a trek for my poor husband but worth it to get Mr Ackroyd on NHS.

Thank you Sarah :)

Back