• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded on Thursday

Butterfly27

:D

Hello, I was banded on Thursday on the NHS, surgery went really well but I am suffering terribly with trapped gas, its right behind my rib cage and I have tried so much things to get rid of it, from Peppermint Tea, Ginger Tea, Hot Milk, Rennie, its just not budging and seems to be more uncomfortable at night:sigh:

I am starting to feel a lil hungry and purred some food earlier and then felt totally sick and regretted it but I'm not sure if it was the taste of the food or my actual band:confused:

Anyone else on the liquid diet at the moment??

Hiya x I used gripe water and deflatine for wind...also you are going to be sore with bruising and swelling in that area as well. It's probably a combination of all three.
Stick to liquids for a bit and gently walk around the room now and then to help with the pain.
Good luck and nice to meet you x

Thanks for your reply Nina.

Will need to pop to the chemist tomorrow also considering seeing my GP so they can check my port.

I agree with Nina, deflatine is good and loads of people swear by gripe water, :welcome: to WLS and I hope your wind settles very soon .....if not you could always buy a kite :D (sorry couldnt resist! lol) XX

Back