• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My sleeve op finally done

Im awaiting call wit instructions, that'll take place Monday, to be honest because i am not as big as some who chose surgery i don't feel i will be asked to do full 7 days but perhaps 5 and lots of water! (or is that wishful thinking).

I personally feel since booking the surgery i have gone on a devouring mission as i know it'll be the last... chinese, italian, marshmallow, chips..... etc etc etc

I now feel extremely bloated and angry so i am making a conscious decision to stop it, drink lots of water and calm my stupid ass down!

I am very very excited but i am now happy to admit i am getting very nervous too. I am not jetting off alone and have a sister to chaperone me thank fully.

xxxxxxx

My pre op diet was to cut out all the nonsense no fizzy drinks cakes crisps which I have done.

I'm not as big as others I'm about 16.5 stone, I can't lose weight without help hun xox

I think they make you go on a pre op diet to make your body aware that you are not going to eat like you used to.

No, it is done to reduce the size of the liver.

Yes you are correct Shell, it is to reduce your liver size, in order to gain better access to your stomach as your liver covers your stomach.

The surgeon I went with doesn't ask for any pre-op diet at all unless you're over 250kg. When I queried it he just said he personally hadn't found any benefit to it.
However, I cut down on a few bits and had no alcohol in the preceding week.

Well my pre op diet is just to cut out sugar I didn't know that could shrink the liver? I thought liquid diets were to shrink livers

TheBear

I am way less than that, maybe that's why they've told me to just cut out the sugar, I might be naughty and have a delicious dinner and afters today

Well my pre op diet is just to cut out sugar I didn't know that could shrink the liver? I thought liquid diets were to shrink livers

I did low fat/low cal/low sugar whole food diet option as my pre op (my hospital gave the list and amount of what and how much to have) so not only the liquid diet is used to shrink the liver.

I did low fat/low cal/low sugar whole food diet option as my pre op (my hospital gave the list and amount of what and how much to have) so not only the liquid diet is used to shrink the liver.

I also had the same.

hmm well I'm going to reduce, sugar, fat and lots water to flush out, apart from 2 glasses red last Monday night I've had weeks of no alcohol as wanted to really detox..... i can live without alcohol mostly anyhow.

tonights my food funeral and then tomorrow i am really behaving:)

xx

Back