• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Potato Substitute!

grom

Slim for 2009
Just made this and it tastes like yummy buttery mash!!

Celeriac Puree
Half large celeriac peeled and chopped
milk to cover

Simmer celeriac in milk until very soft (30 - 40 mins)
With a slotted spoon transfer celeriac to food processor and puree until smooth. Add a few tabs of reserved hot milk, a few squirts of buttery low fat spray oil, salt and pepper and whizz in processor again until smooth.

:bliss:

Sounds nice Grom, but what doe's celeriac taste like? x

It tastes like potato to me with a little bit of a parsnip flavour - hard to describe but worth a try!!

Yum I think I will, does it have the same texture too? Cheers Grom.x

yes it looks just like mash!

Cheers i will definatly give it a try, its just one of those veggies that i just would'nt even consider trying, partly because of not knowing what to do with it! x

its one i avoided doing until recently as well, but it made a great topping for a shepherds pie and is certainly one i would use again. I found it more fibrous then potato but then i did not add a lot of milk to it just mashed it instead of pureed.

I think cooking it in milk helps too - hope you like it!

Hi guys - Ive just made this with cauliflower added...Ive had 3 spoonflls and Im so full! Thanks...its fantastic and delicious. I used water rather than milk too x

Glad you liked! Reminds me - must make it again !

Back