• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Something special with carrots

galm37

As I'm still on my post op liquid diet, I’ve been cooking up a storm. Here's a recipe for Carrot & Almond Soup that my friend gave me to try & believe me, it may sound weird but tastes delish!
Ingredients
Serves 4

 2 onions, peeled and chopped
 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
 6 carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced
 2 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
 1 tbsp wheat-free vegetable bouillon powder
 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, stalks reserved
 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, stalks reserved
 100g ground almonds
Method
Place the onions, garlic, carrot and celery in a large saucepan. Add 1.25 litres of boiling water and the bouillon powder. Bring to the boil and add the herb stalks. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Strain, reserving the stock. Remove the herb stalks, then blend the vegetables in a food processor or with a hand-held blender until smooth.
Return the mixture to the pan and add the ground almonds and enough of the reserved stock to make a soup-like consistency.
Reheat, then divide between warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with chopped fresh coriander and parsley.
This soup is also very good made with sweet potatoes. Just add one sweet potato, peeled and diced, in place of two of the carrots and cook as above.
I'm gonna try it with the sweet potatoe in the week.
Hope you enjoy it.

Angler

Thank you might give this a try.

phatmomma

sounds delish xx