• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pouch Stretching?

Thank you so much for this post and your honesty.

I am a bit unsure when to stop now with the soft foods,feel as though i can eat more than i put out on a small plate, get a sensation in the top of my throat. Not sure if thats a signal to say "i'me full," tried it a couple of times as it happens after a couple of spoons of food but i am hungry an hour later.

Know a lot of this is due to soft foods but only 5 weeks post op so cant have dry foods yet, but need to know if this is the stop signal ?
Hope you as banders know what i mean, heard a lot about the "iron fist" sensation in your chest when you have eaten too fast,wrong choice or too much, hopefully will avoid as long as i can.

Not having a fill until 10 weeks as the team are not in Manchester doing it till then almost 3months seems along time to wait using will power alone Mia

Hi Mia, it's hard for me to answer as my restriction was non existant even just after surgery. I think really err on the side of caution. The restriction with a band I think is more a tightness higher in the chest than a swelling in the tummy. I probably went to chunky food a bit early hence this thread really.
Take it steady and good luck xxx

I just wanted to add that having had most of my time without enough restriction and not a lot of will power , I decided to count calories in order to give myself a fighting chance of working with the band not doing what I needed for a long time.
I looked up how many cals I required per day using my height and age and current weight and it's helped a lot. Having the band has helped me stick to a sensible calorie intake and since adopting that approach I have lost weight fine. Maybe that would help you but being early days I'm sure once you get onto regular food and get that fill , you won't have any difficulties. I just had extra-ordinary circumstances I think x

Great thanks a lot for the reply

Back