• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pouch stretched?

Tyraboots

I really think I am stretching my pouch. I can eat a plateful of food and I am getting back into my old ways of eating beyond full. I am still losing weight, 4 pounds a week and I am a 22 rather than a 32.
Why the hell am I doing this to myself.
Be as forthright as you want, all abuse considered...

Tyraboots,

I can't really help as I've not had my op yet, didn't want to just read & run thought. I am sure someone will be along soon to offer something sound.
I have got the impression though, that many go through a period of almost self-sabotage...why? I don't know, because we've all been there & done it haven't we?

Over time I think it is normal to slowly increase the portion you can manage. That said, don't be too hard on yourself though, if you are still losing (& 4 lbs a week sounds very respectable to me...I think some would rip your arm off for 4lbs a week!), then I would imagine you can't be eating as much as you think...xxx

Hello there

I have not had my surgery as yet , But I do recall some people thinking that they may have stretched their pouch and they did the 5 day pouch to see if this indeed was the case( this is just an idea), and jolly well done for losing so much weight in the first place and your still losing 4lbs per week , so well done on that score too .

All the best - MeJulie x x

I too can eat quite a lot more than i did in the early stages but the one thing to remember is its not anywhere near what we used to eat. The pouch will stretch naturally and your food consumption will increase so thats natural so try not to worry on that count. The fact that you are still losing wight is also a good sign and you have done really well so far. I admit to eating some foods i probably shouldn't but i eat them in moderation and enjoy them, i know not everyone will agree but as long as i stay in control of these treats then all will be ok and the same will go for you too hun. Keep an eye on what you are eating but don't beat yourself up on the occasional treat xx

I think your doing amazing 4lb a week wow well done. You are eating more than you were able to when you first had the op, so it feels like your eating loads. Think back to your old eating habits and i bet your hardly eating anything. I understand you don't want to go back to the way you were and are scared. You don't need to be though your doing fab xxx

why don't you try the 5 day pouch stretch if you aren't feeling restriction. I don't eat until I am bursting but I do eat every 3 hours so that my metabolism is constantly ticking over - usually just fruit or a crispbread. I find if I don't eat enough then i don't lose.

When you say a plateful, what size plate is it? Check that your plate is still a side plate. Also, what are you putting on the plate? I find I can eat loads of some things and if I feel that I am eating too much I return to the good quality high protein plan that I should be doing. If you eat chicken or other meat as the main part of your meals you may find the amount you are able to eat is greatly reduced.

Do concentrate on your meals though to try to limit any overeating.

Good luck and well done on your progress so far.
xxx

I agree with Samsmum - does it differ with what you eat. I'm only able to eat a tiny bit of meat or half a fillet of fish or 4 prawns but can eat a whole ball of mozzerella and tomato! Weird isn't it? My weight loss is nothing like yours though and I'm a couple of months behind you so you're obviously doing the right thing...keep going!

Back