• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pouch Test

Tezza

Hi I wondered if someone could advise me what to do for the 5 day pouch test?
I was talking to a lady who'd had a bypass 15 months ago today at the hospital an every 3 months she does the pouch test an the said I should try it. However I got called in to see the nurse before she got to tell me what's entailed an then when I came out she had gone, so now I'm left intrigued. Any advice would be greatly received.

I'm only just over 3 months out but she said shes been doing since then, then every 3 months. She had lost 13st in the 15 months. I've lost 4 stone and had several stalls, my biggest been for 5 weeks 3 weeks out, I really thought it wasn't working. Since then I've lost for 2 stayed same for 3 then lost again, not real consistency. I wish I could just see a loss of 2lb every week I'd be happy. Sometimes when I see/speak to other people I think oh I try what there doing it might work for me. I am happy with what I've lost but I am one if those people who would like more.

I am due to see to surgeon in a few weeks so I'll if he recommends it. If not I won't try it. I have stuck to everything by the book pre & post op. thanks for your advice

If you've lost 4 stone in just over 3 months I don't think you've anything to fret about. For some of us we have to look at periodic figures rather than weekly, accepting stalls as 'normal' for us x

I wasn't really worried it was just the lady i mer today said it was a really good thing to do an shes the only person I have spoke really that far out so I thought I'd just check on here. I don't think I'll be trying it just yet.

Back