• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 day pouch test

jaxx

I'm thinking of doing the 5 day pouch test as I'm able to eat quite a large amount of food in one day at the moment and I want to get some restriction back.

Just to make sure I've got the right gist of what to do, am I right in thinking the the first two days I have nothing but liquids? Protein shakes, clear soups and drinks, then the third day I start introducing mushy foods then the last two days I have soft foods still but slowly start introducing more solids etc.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I know a few people have been doing this lately if you check the threads for the last week or so. Good luck and I hope it gets you back on track.

tranquil x

good luck and let me know how you're doing as I'm considering doing it as well

Below you will find a brief list of the menu for each day. Please click the "Read more" links for further detail and hints and tips that will enable your success with the 5 Day Pouch Test.
Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
low-carb [COLOR=#f26522 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#f26522 !important][FONT=inherit !important]protein [/FONT][COLOR=#f26522 !important][FONT=inherit !important]shakes[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding. Read more.
Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy. Read more.
Day 4: Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more.
Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game
Read more.

Hope that helps

xx

tiarasandtantrums said:
Below you will find a brief list of the menu for each day. Please click the "Read more" links for further detail and hints and tips that will enable your success with the 5 Day Pouch Test.
Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding. Read more.
Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy. Read more.
Day 4: Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more.
Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game
Read more.

Hope that helps

xx

Thanks for that. I've bookmarked the link for reference.

I feel this is my own fault, I've fallen back into old habits and will eat until my plate is clear rather than to restriction. How idiotic is that? I've been given this amazing tool to help me lose weight and I'm taking it for granted. I haven't put any weight on thankfully but I'm hardly losing any either although I'm not eating as much as before my surgery.

I figured out how to make sugar free biscuits so I've been making them every week so my carb intake is higher than it should be (although I did use wholemeal flour and put oats and nuts in them to get more healthier ingredients in them) so I'm going to stop making those.

I've just been and got some protein powder and soups and oxo cubes for next week. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for all the replies. X

good luck jaxx and lovely to see you posting x

I'm planning on doing the same this coming week. Back to basics and into the right habits :) Good luck! We can totally do this xx

I'm planning on doing the same this coming week. Back to basics and into the right habits :) Good luck! We can totally do this xx

:)Me too-very soon:)
Looking forward to supporting each otherxxx

Hi Jaxx, yup me too, slipping back into old habits, biscuits, crisps, chocolate, cakes etc. Here's hoping we all pull our socks up and get back to good restriction xxxxx

Old habits have a way of sneaking up and taking over again...

Jaxx i have done the 5 day test once and found it helped. However i am very aware now that crap takes up a lot less room than a nice healthy hit of fish or boiled eggs with salad...

You do what you need to too get back on track and i wish all of you well xxx

Back