• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op appointment

Haylz6

Hey everyone

Just wanted to know if anyone can shed light on the pre op appointment, as am a really uneasy about it.

What happens what they do ect

Haylz x

hi love ,i had mine at chelsea and westminster hosp, arrived at pre op lounge and had a chat with nurse , about the op and allergies and if there was any complications ,what the surgeon would do, then had weight, and height done again,,,,,,,swabs and blood tests ,then ecg and another chat about diet before op and after, i was given booklets on each diet ,and advice on each stage of after surgery diet,talked through the day of admission and visiting times , was very casual and imformative ,, my hospital never give op dates at pre op,but call after with a date,,,,was really easy compared to all the other appointments ,, hope yours goes well,will be thinking of you x

Thanks Hun that's put my mind at rest

Am going private as my area were horrible when I tries to go through nhs, so I have my pre op 1st July and my op on the 11th July am excited and nervous.

I keep talking myself out of it and then back in to it. Minds play great tricks on us

Thanks haylz x

We're the same in cornwall, NHS would take forever just to say no!

Don't do what I did and forget who paying the bill!!! They should be informative and you take as long as you need to get all the answers to all the questions.

As for the mind games....it's difficult to justify spending that amount of money on myself....today I'm happy with that decision but in the small hours tonight I will probably start turning it over and over again

The way am looking at it is my best mate just bought a new car for 12grand and my op is 11450 due to my weight, what would I rather have a new car or a new life that I love and can do anything with, this will last a lifetime a car will last a few years, but it's still a lot of money but worth every penny

I'm also worried as in being admitted the night before but I have no health issues, had nothing more then a cold and am only 23years old aswell, everyone iv spoken too has been admitted the morning of the op.

Am I just over thinking everything

Haylz x

Haylz6 said:
I'm also worried as in being admitted the night before but I have no health issues, had nothing more then a cold and am only 23years old aswell, everyone iv spoken too has been admitted the morning of the op.

Am I just over thinking everything

Haylz x

I was NHS, but was admitted the night before my op. Don't think it's anything to worry about at all. I know it's scary, but try to relax and not worry too much, you'll be fine xXx

yes i think its normal to be concerned, ive had private ops in the past,,and im sure if you ask they will let you go in early morning if its worrying you,afterall your paying for this , i had kids so i asked to go in on morning of my other operations ,as i wanted to sort them out first,,,,as for the money , its well spent if it makes you healthier and happier,as for buying a car , it loses money as you drive off the forecourt, your op is to improve your life forever, i know what id choose! lol x you have normal worries love , if youve never been in hospital the thought is scarey ,but honest it will go so quick ,and most of it you will be sleeping x please dont worry so much , its an exciting time . best of luck x

I hadn't thought of others buying a large purchase like a car before... you're right it is a huge investment in my life.

To be honest people spend vast amounts on holidays too...and after, only have a few photos to show for it, even their tan will fade

Hey I can have photos of before and I'll be fading (in size too) I'll pretend it's a holiday. Ha!Ha!:rolleyes:

sorted! now go get thinner and healthier! lol x,seriously,i wish id done this at your age and not wasted so many years before i started this journey x

Back