• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op assesment did not go well

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
:cry:help.had my pre-op assessment and they are saying my blood pressure is to high and unless i can get it down they will cancel my op .cant stop crying cant cope if they cancel what can i do ?have been to doctor and they have doubled my tablets does anyone no what else i can do to help lower it :break_diet:

Chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll xx

i use meditation...worked while i was hooked up to the monitors in hospital lol i could see it lowering :)

Hopefully the meds will work. I also read in a magazine the other week (not sure if its true) that 2 bananas a day can help lower blood pressure.

hi im sorry your app didnt go well i have been looking online and there are a lot of websites with suggestions on how to lower your bp it might be worth you having a look. try not to get yourself too stressed because that wont help easy enough for me to say cos im not in your position but stress really does not help. have a look and let me know how you get on. dont lose hope it will happen for you.xx

There is a way of calming down which I learnt many years ago from an old Chinaman.
You sit on the floor and get as comfy as poss in a darkened room If you have candles they would be good.
put you hands together and open from the wrist until only your finger tips are touching
Release the pressure until your finger tips are just touching and concentrate on the tingling feeling between your fingers. IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SINKING INTO THE FLOOR STOP STRAIGHT AWAY.
The sinking feeling is what the Monks do when meditating. I have only managed this feeling once and it scared the hell out of me but I still use this method to relax
Hope this helps

First, take a deep breath, then take a few more. Then do whatever works for you to relax and calm yourself. Borrow some meditation Cds from your library, get something gorgeous to put in your bath and light some candles, turn off the light, wallow. Listen to your breathing, and keep it calm and regular, if you notice it is a tad fast, slow it down. And hopefully your meds will also help. HTH

Eating garlic is supposed to help; although there's the unfortunate odour side effect. Meditation is a good one too.

im SURE your meds will lower it, if they have been doubled then they will have to! Think calming, positive thoughts, believe in your medication and im sure things will work out. All my love x

My blood pressure has been a problem too. It has come down a lot with about 6 different meds but I do worry it will go high again for my op. How high was your pressure Carol? Stress can really affect it so all the advice about chilling is good. Hope you manage to get it under control. x

I had the very same at my pre-op appointment and had to go to the dr twice a week to have it checked , i didnt want to do medication as id have to have it for six weeks prior to the op and i only had 5 weeks till it so it would have been cancelled, i stopped all salt straight away as id been advised on here that salt can higher blood pressure then i begun breathing exersizers daily and took time to do them whilst waiting in the dr carpark before going in for a bp check, and it worked a treat was lower than ever. But to be honest when they did my bp whilst i was on operating table it was sky high they put it down to nerves and carried on x hope all goes ok try to keep calm x

hi my blood pressure is 163/105 and thanks for the advice have cammed down now

op back on

hi guys well what a day got a phone call at work yesterday saying the anesthetist has canceled my op as he would not put me under with high blood pressure :sigh: but then got another call in the afternoon to say Dr el-hasina has not canceled it and to stay on my pre-op diet:) as it is still on .so staying calm now and praying a lot.i am on a good diet so hoping that will help.i have jelly for breakfast a pear for lunch and chicken and green veg for dinner so not bad at all thanks for all your advice it really helps dont no what i would do with out you all .thanks and good luck to you all next blood pressure check Friday will let you know

Hood to hear its not cancelled, you do not need that as added stress, and the surgeon will be well aware that as you approach your date that your pressure will rise a little with the anxiety and excitement of it. The meditation works, i am using it currently to relax and get myself to sleep

Back