• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op assesment

vonny

went for my per-op assesment today with the dieticians, found out loads of information and met some lovely people. One of the lady's is having her surgery the same day as me so glad i've met someone:D
When i was there we were all weighed, im really annoyed with myself as ive put 22lbs on since august, i have been really ill and had loads of medication increases which start weight gain is possible.
The deitician said i need to loose some of the weight before my next appointment (4th feb) or my surgery could be cancelled:confused:
Does anyone have a good way of loosing weight, ive tried slim fast but it made me ill. I dont want my op cancelled dont think i could cope with that :cry:

Hi Vonny. I'm having my op at Homerton 2 days before you! What about cereal (like cornflakes) for breakfast and lunch, then a smaller healthy meal for the evening, chicken or fish and lots of veg? I know it's a lot easier said than done. I've got my pre-surgery appt next week and I know I've put on about 7 lbs since my pre-op group session so I'm gonna be trying it too to lose some in a week!
Good luck hun.

Hi hun hit slimming world while its still cheaper to sign up,Im thinking of doing it next week.You could be half a stone or more down by feb 4th.Maz x

Awww Vonny, I feel for you precious... we record our daily intake on here... some of us also record on myfitnesspal and we are with you... don't feel on your own with this and if it helps, we will be weighing in on Saturdays.... here for you if we can do anything to help.

Love and hugs xxx

im just like you ive put on 3 stone since august its mad isnt it i dont think ive been eating anymore but i must have ...im on steriods so that doesnt help .ive not got a date for my op yet and by reading people that have had surgery at the pru in kent the wait is about 8 ,blimey i wont be able to gety through the door im scared because of the lose skin as well ...moan or what i bet you dont need me bending your ear

I can totally understand what your saying Ruth im the same ive been on and off steriods since august and if im not on them im on antibiotics and as for my anitdepressents ive had them changed and increased since then too one of the side effects is weight gain. I did try and explain but there was a lot of people there and i didnt feel comfortable, hopefully i can loose some before the 4th.
At the moment im on sugar free jelly and liquids as ive got really bad tonsillitis and possible glandula fever too top it off so cant really have much anyway.
Im going to weigh myself on here as i cant get to clubs and stuff because i have little boys and no one will have them for me to go to groups. Thank you for all your replies it has helped me loads xxx

Back