• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Assessment

Vespa

Hey all,

I have my pre op assessment next week and I'm wondering what they do? I haven't been given a lot of information except I won't be having an endoscopy... At all!

Could anyone shed some light? Much appreciated.

Tegan xxx

I had my BP checked, an ECG, my weight checked and blood taken. I liked that they were thorough in the knowledge that I would be safe for my operation. Best of luck x

as lisa said bp, some bloods, ecg heart trace only takes a few minutes, and a peak flow test for your lungs again only took about 10 mins, your weight , and then i had a appointment with the dietician who went over what pre op diet i was to do and they will go over your admission form ie health medicines you already take ps if you do take medication take it with you easier than trying to remember names and doses , and what time they want you to arrive for your op in all mines took about 2 hours waiting around waiting to see different people dont worry too much

Vespa, I was hoping for a date. It they just said within the next 12 wks. I think this all depends on if you're going private or NHS. Mine is NHS...good luck it's very exciting hey, I'm just waiting for a date in the post x

Back