• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op assessment

Paula1975

hi

i have my pre op assessment tomorrow, whats to be expected? and how long does it usually take?

cheers :D

For me was

Bloods taken
Weight and height
Mrsa swabs
ECG
Chest X-ray.
Lung test

Took about two hours

For me as above but also another classroom session on post op eating, what to expect with stages etc, physio talk, healing process, medications. Very useful & informative.

Similar to both of the above bout an hour n half took me nutha step closer though once you come out there is no looking back your on the way. x

Hi Paula

I had my pre-op at St Georges last week even though my op isn't until the very end of August. The nurse went through it at lightening speed and I was in and out in well under one hour.

She asked lots of questions about previous medical history - have you ever had palpitations, drug allergies, sleep apnea, etc. Do you take recreational drugs? How breathless are you after one flight of stairs?

Blood pressure, then it was bloods followed by ECG. Then mrsa swab from each nostril and then groin (she left the room for that). She listened to my chest with a stethascope while I took really deep breaths and that was that.

I was weighed and measured on the way out (just when I thought I'd got away with it) and left with a big wodge of paperwork about the pre op diet, the actual op and post op diet.

It was all very quick, but at least it saved on the eye watering high st georges parking charges.

All the best with yours tomorrow.

Messie

Hi Paula, mine was about an hour and a half,
MRSA swabs
Blood pressure
Heart rate
ECG
Bloods
Lung test
And lots of questions from a nurse practitioner ,
All done to give you the best possible care when you have your op.
Lots of luck
Em xxxx

About 20 minutes at St Georges ...

They asked loads of questions, had ecg, bloods, MRSA swabs, check heart beat and got weighed..
Then sent way with a whole load of pre op stuff..

Nicky xx

Well everything went ok..was worried about bp but it's ok to todo the surgery..so bring on the 4th. Met a few others down there, one having the same op same day same hosp. Got called a strange creature for not flinching when she tried for the third time to take blood. Lol

Got my pre op on 7th August but still no date for surgery yet? did anyone else have their pre op before getting a date and if so how much longer did you have to wait?
Thanks
Jo x

Wooohooo glad it all went well Paula, bet you're really excited now :mad:

Got my pre op on 7th August but still no date for surgery yet? did anyone else have their pre op before getting a date and if so how much longer did you have to wait?
Thanks
Jo x

Jo I had my pre op on 19th June and my op date is 20th August , so 2 months wait for me....but it's all gone quickly, the entire process from referal to op will have taken only 4 and a half months.
Good luck with your pre op
Em xxx

Back