• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Check Luton & Dunstable

stuart111_2000

Hi all,

I have been given a appointment for the pre op health check. They say it will take one to two hours.

Can anyone tell me what this will involve?

Thanks

They'll do bloods, an echo, weigh you, talk you through the risks, and check if you've got any questions about op day.

I also had swabs done .. To check for MRSA x

I didn't have the echo done on that appointment I had it done a specific appointment later, might be because I lived within reasonable distance and they try and do it in one hit for those that have to travel.

had mine on Wed.. surgeons in turkey till next week so wont get my surgery date till thurs or fri cant come soon enough!

Bloods
MRSA swab
weight
height
dietician
head nurse
presentation on what happens on table

then a choice to meet surgeon or have a telephone chat with him...a date offered (this will be late next week for me grrr conference's

camera down the throat...eeek

dietician wants me to start the pre op diet now, so am working my way thru that.. the house has never been so clean I am trying to knacker myself out so I am to tired to eat!...

jo x

had mine on Wed.. surgeons in turkey till next week so wont get my surgery date till thurs or fri cant come soon enough!

Bloods
MRSA swab
weight
height
dietician
head nurse
presentation on what happens on table

then a choice to meet surgeon or have a telephone chat with him...a date offered (this will be late next week for me grrr conference's

camera down the throat...eeek

dietician wants me to start the pre op diet now, so am working my way thru that.. the house has never been so clean I am trying to knacker myself out so I am to tired to eat!...

jo x

This is different to what happens at Luton, we don't have the endoscopy, If the surgeon offers a date then you are told to hit the milk diet for the two weeks before the surgery date. As far as I can remember by the time you get to the surgeon everything else has been done and he gives you the once over to make sure your belly is in fine shape for the op!!

All hospitals are different!!

Back