• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet help needed

I am going to start on the pre-op diet on Monday and wondered if the results are the same mixing between the milk diet and liver reducing diet. Someone also said, (will look who in a min lol) (ooooh it was you Fuffs lol), about WW soups.

I have to do the diet for 6wks (or until op if sooner obv!) and I will go CRAZY if I have to follow the same plan for 6 wks!!!

If I can do it this way what WW soups do you recommend??? And also can you mix anything in the milk (slim fast or low calorie milkshake powder etc)? And is there a limit on the amount of milk you can drink?

Thanks in advance xx

Big mouth, pre op Fuffs! Lol

My aunt was under the same hospital I am. She had slim fast shakes and WW soups. I am told the chicken and noodle is the lowest cal.

I am sure others with more knowledge will come along :)

Or not lol

Hi hon,

Sorry I cant answer your question really because I was just put on the low cal/low carb/low fat diet and told I had no choice. I was on it for about 3 and 1/2 weeks (was supposed to be 2 but op was cancelled at last minute. I am sure I have heard of people alternating though. Does your team have a dietician who you could speak to so you can get it all right?

Whatever happens though I think you will be amazed at your ability to stick to something once you are threatened with being cut open and then not being able to have your op.

Was the one and only time I have ever stuck to a diet in my life. To be honest it was not that bad. First three days pretty awfull and then after that easy peasy.

Sorry I cant help more.

Leesh x

I can see how that is a pretty good incentive! :) My aunt and others from Heartlands had the option of alternating between the milk type diet and low cal low carb. Every trust seems to be soooo different! :)

I started on just liquids. Did 2 weeks then starting fainting so dietician swapped me to food diet (1000 cals) and was fine for surgery. Plus lost 2 stone in that month!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks all xxxx

i started on the liver reduction diet on thursday . i was really worried about not getting enough food to fill me , but now i'm in to my third day and wondering what the worry was about .

i have weigh food out and seen which is the biggest ( psychological if it looks more then i'll feel fuller ??????) but i just had 150g of steamed white fish with 2 cracker bread and a bowl of salad . it is more than i was eating for my dinner anyway

dont worry about it if i can find it easy then anyone can .....keep smiling

im so pleased you put this on,im so worried about my pre op liver shrinkage diet,that il fail,but i think your right ,we probably eat more veg portions and liquids than we do on our normal diet plus we learn to eat at regular times,good luck with your journey,hopefully il be right behind you x

Good luck to you too Starr, still havent started :-/
Had my last proper meal last night only to wake up in the night ill! (hope it wasnt my cooking!). So not eating anything today as hate being sick!!!
Fingers crossed tomoro will be the day!

I'm alternating between soup and yoghurt and low cal/low carb one ! Given 4 choices by st georges . Been on 5 days and struggling if honest :(Doesn't help being premenstrual and having onlyten days left to surgery either lol ! It's an means to an end I suppose trying to be positive :) good luck to u all on yours xx oh and a friend who had her surgery at st Thomas in London didnt have to do one at all ! Was eating curry the day before :cry: lol !!

best of luck.

I was only on the liver shrinking milk diet for 2 weeks directly before my op....4 pints of milk a day (mixed with NAS strawberry crusha usually), 1 sachet NAS jelly (turned into milk jellies using some of my milk allowance) and an oxo drink and lots of fluids

I started my pre op diet yesterday, I was given the choice of low cal or milk but was told I didnt need to do the milk. Did low cal yesterday but found it really hard, so doing milk today which I find easier to do as food is taken out of the equation altogether. Think I may alternate though to keep things interesting.

I've got a wedding all day and night on saturday and was advised to just enjoy it and get back onto it the next day, so I'm chuffed about that!

Surgery booked for the 19th....so excited but so scared..

Back