• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet help.......

xamy26x

Ive been given my pre op diet to start tomorrow its the low carb diet and im dreading it to be honest. I had read up all about the milk diet and was really looking forward to doing that diet. The low carb diet has so many things I wouldnt eat I dont eat much meat and I dont like eggs or fish. Surely if the milk diet shrinks the liver the same way I could do this diet? I only got the info in the post today and it was to late to call the dietician im due to start the diet tomorrow :( anyone have any advice?

I think your best idea is to follow the diet over the weekend, then contact you team on Monday to ask whether you can switch. My team advised the milk diet, but I know they were able to offer alternatives if it couldn't be tolerated.

my provider suggested low carb/fat/calorie diet but I chose to follow a milk diet because it was easier than worrying about eating and what I could or couldn't have...worth contacting them as soon as you're able :)

I was advised to do low carb one but preferred to do milk one so asked if could do that instead and said it was okay!

just wanted to say good luck

hi, could anyone help please.i am trying to find out what pre-op diet james cook hospital uses and for how long
thankyou.
michelle

Back